Notices
General Automotive & SUV Forum Discussion Forum For All Other Auto Makes & General Trends In The Automotive Industry.

Automotive Personality of the Decade

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 02:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond repute
My vote goes to Horacio Pagani and the reason is because he managed to establish the Zonda as one of the most exotic and dramatic supercars of the last years and also admire Pagani for remaining completely independant and focused on their target, make beautiful cars. For me Pagani cars are much more beautifull and meaningfull than Keggs, i never liked them (Ok the only Kegg i kiknd of like is the Agera)

Old 01-09-2011, 02:28 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jox
Kourush Mansory .... on the basis that it's quite amazing how nobody has abducted and killed him for his hideous creations.
uh oh, does uwe gemballa look like mansory? if so, those guys have some egg on their face.

Old 01-09-2011, 02:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
exRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Dave S
If Victor Muller is on the list for buying Saab, Cristian Von Koenigsegg should get the Nobel prize in economics for showing interest, getting a huge deal of free PR (which put the K-egg on the map as a supercar) then not going through with the deal. Now that's a good deal. But have either of them contributed to the automotive world? Not really.
Sure, the Top Gear team is spreading the Gospel, but my vote has to fall on Walter Rörhl, for his longtime commitment to product development and motorsport.
Forget Walter Rorhl. Guy's u have to stick with personality's from this decade, not the 90! If we are going there, then Shumacher is better then Walter. In the past decade he won without stoping, helped develop the Enzo and Scuderia, and all of the others that we don't know of.
Everybody know's Konigsegg, how can u say that Christian hasn't contributed (alot) for the automotive history?
Porsche as millions euros, Koenigsegg hasn't got 5% of that money and makes cars way more advanced even before the CGT came out!

Old 01-09-2011, 02:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond repute
But Pagani is better than Kegg

Old 01-09-2011, 02:49 PM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by exRockstar
Forget Walter Rorhl. Guy's u have to stick with personality's from this decade, not the 90! If we are going there, then Shumacher is better then Walter. In the past decade he won without stoping, helped develop the Enzo and Scuderia, and all of the others that we don't know of.
Everybody know's Konigsegg, how can u say that Christian hasn't contributed (alot) for the automotive history?
Porsche as millions euros, Koenigsegg hasn't got 5% of that money and makes cars way more advanced even before the CGT came out!
Here's an idea. Why don't you rephrase the original post in this thread as "my thoughts on the automotive personality of the decade - not open for discussion" instead of giving attitude to everyone who takes time to respond to your thread?

Old 01-09-2011, 02:51 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jox
Here's an idea. Why don't you rephrase the original post in this thread as "my thoughts on the automotive personality of the decade - not open for discussion" instead of giving attitude to everyone who takes time to respond to your thread?
seriously, kegg fanboi

Old 01-09-2011, 02:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
exRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant future
What about the others?
Luca de Montezemolo delivered the strategy for making Ferrari in the last decade, the most winning, and the most growing brand of its kind. Ferrari as never been better. The Corsa Clinte program, One Off program, one to one program, etc. Pioneers!
What about Stephen Winkleman? That guy, with the little manouver space that VAG gave him, turned Lamborghini in to one of the most future promissing brands.
What about the man who brought us back Bugatti? Ferdinand Piech?

I'm really happy to see that this discussion is making us think about our convictions.

Old 01-09-2011, 03:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Sorry jox, sorry IIVVX. U're right, just defending my points of view, as u defend your's.
I'll participate less.

Old 01-09-2011, 03:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Alex12de
But Pagani is better than Kegg
Alex u have to show valid arguments for that. I personaly think Pagani is very dif from Koengisegg, can't say one is better than the other.

Old 01-09-2011, 03:05 PM
Am I the only one around here who doesn't have a custom member title?
sinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond repute
^^
Good idea.

And how does Walter Röhrl not belong in this decade? IIRC the CGT has been released in 2004 and the GT2RS is not even 6 months old. Röhrl had tremendous influence on the development of both cars.

Quick Reply: Automotive Personality of the Decade