Notices
General Automotive & SUV Forum Discussion Forum For All Other Auto Makes & General Trends In The Automotive Industry.

Ferrari Club trip to Collier Collection

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 10:14 PM
Teamspeed Member
kevin@parkplace You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!kevin@parkplace You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!kevin@parkplace You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!kevin@parkplace You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!kevin@parkplace You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!kevin@parkplace You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!kevin@parkplace You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!kevin@parkplace You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!kevin@parkplace You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!kevin@parkplace You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!kevin@parkplace You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Ferrari Club trip to Collier Collection

I want to thank everyone who came with us yesterday to visit the Collier Collection in Naples. Jason Wenig owner of The Creative Workshop, Ronnie Vogel from FMFL, Steve Selz and Fred Burton from FCA - you guys were great! I couldnt have pulled it off without your support!
Many of you joined Martha & I for breakfast at Parkplace and then traveled to Naples rally style by Ferrari both vintage and current, vintage Britsh cars including a concours Sunbeam Alpine, Porsche, Ducati, Moto Guzzi, Rolls Royce and Volkswagon GTI - Ronnie and his crew arrived by jet - of course true to form - the Ferrari dealer comes to road rally by airplane...once again...
Fifty six of us converged for our tour at exactly 9:30am from all over the state - the road to Naples was quite a sight! we passed Neil Rollnick and his son doing 95mph hour in Neil's daily driver - a perfectly restored red Dino.
Our tour lasted for two and a half hours and was a great experience, followed by lunch served on white table clothes, amongst the cars - every car in the collection has great provenance and years of careful thought and painstaking restoration have gone into presenting a piece of automotive history. I must admit after 3 visits I am only beginning to grasp the signifigance of Miles Collier's collection and his family's contribution to automotive history - a rare and significant national treasure.
As most of you know photography at the museum is prohibited. I have been fortunate to have been able to photograph parts of the Collection in the wild when the cars have been out for exercise or to be shown at places like Amelia. I have put together a few select photos in the attached gallery, you will note several of those cars were not on display yesterday like the Scarab and the Simca Abarth so here they are: Park Place Car Condo

here are a couple of shots taken at Parkplace followed by a preview of the galley

again - thank you all for your support!

Attached Images