Notices
Gadgets & Electronics | Home Theater | Gaming The Latest in Electronics, Home Theater, Gaming, PDA's, GPS, Computers, & More Discussion Forum.

Galaxy Nexus

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 11:08 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud of
Galaxy Nexus

Does anyone have this phone? How is it working out for you? Any problems?

Going to be purchasing a new phone soon, and I'm sick of the iPhone's locked down OS, poor battery life (with no option to change battery), and lack of 4G.

Comments?

Old 02-09-2012, 11:18 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Fuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond repute
I am looking at this and the Razr Maxx, would be interested to hear feedback as well.

Old 02-09-2012, 07:09 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Originally Posted by bavmtrwrksftw
Does anyone have this phone? How is it working out for you? Any problems?

Going to be purchasing a new phone soon, and I'm sick of the iPhone's locked down OS, poor battery life (with no option to change battery), and lack of 4G.

Comments?
I know ajindfw has one and loves it. My friend got it as soon as it came out and his only complaint is the 4G drains the battery. I am down to the Nexus and Razr Maxx, but I want ICS. I know it is FAR more stable than gingerbread, and honestly I like the layout on the Samsung.

Here are a couple other threads:
https://teamspeed.com/forums/off-top...s-steve-h.html
https://teamspeed.com/forums/off-top...-go-droid.html

Old 02-09-2012, 08:04 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GreenLantern You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I love it, I'm a power user, and the battery lasts a full day for me (but I use the 3G/HSPA GSM version, so presumably the Verizon 4G/LTE version may drain faster). The battery on my iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, and Nexus S, when I used to use those phones, didn't.

ICS is amazing. I love it. Best version of Android, so far.

My only complaint is no removable media (so you're either stuck with 16GB for the GSM or 32GB for the 4G/LTE models).

Old 02-09-2012, 08:50 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud of
Thanks for the comments guys.

Anyone else?

Old 02-10-2012, 02:12 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nice
I think its a great phone, just dont understand why they gave it a 5MP camera when the older Galaxy II's have an 8MP Camera.

I am looking forward to getting an ICS phone as well but I think its worth waiting for the Galaxy S3.

Old 02-10-2012, 11:23 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Eddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond reputeEddie has a reputation beyond repute
I have one, I've been an android user for a couple years, previously bb and iphone.

ICS takes a bit of time to learn, as it is very very feature packed.

The curved shape will be something you will appreciate over time, it has a great feel to it.

Battery life does take a hit when on LTE networks, all LTE phones do. The iPhone doesn't run on LTE networks yet, hence why it may have perceived better battery life.

You have two options with regards to battery life.

1) you can buy the extended battery, which is 50% off on verizon's site. It adds a little more battery power, and creates a nearly negligible difference in width. Some say it's actually more comfortable with the new size. Google the size differences and you will see how little it is.

2) I still stand by this, but the reason I stopped buying iPhones is because you can't take a battery out. I know the reasons why they do this, but with the nexus, you carry an extra battery in your briefcase and in 30 seconds you are at full power.

My wife was a continual iphone user, and for the first month, she struggled with ICS, to the point where she still had both phones activated, but after a couple weeks, got rid of the iphone and has no plans on switching back.

Regarding the camera, the difference between 5 and 8 is negligible for what most people take pictures for, the zero shutter lag is awesome.

Old 02-10-2012, 11:26 AM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bmw power

I am looking forward to getting an ICS phone as well but I think its worth waiting for the Galaxy S3.
Ive been putting off upgrading for a LONG time...its gonna be an IP5 or a S3...any time table for the S3 as the IP5 rumors have it dropping in mid to late june.

Old 02-10-2012, 01:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Superfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by McRae
Ive been putting off upgrading for a LONG time...its gonna be an IP5 or a S3...any time table for the S3 as the IP5 rumors have it dropping in mid to late june.
My EXACT sentiments.

Old 02-11-2012, 11:04 AM
Teamspeed Pro
SteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond repute
best phone I've used by far. I also have the GSM version so battery life is not really an issue. The camera software with no shutter lag is incredible, but the photo quality is nowhere near as good as my iPhone 4S was. Other than that, the Nexus beats the iPhone in every way for me.

Quick Reply: Galaxy Nexus