Notices
Gadgets & Electronics | Home Theater | Gaming The Latest in Electronics, Home Theater, Gaming, PDA's, GPS, Computers, & More Discussion Forum.

Galaxy Nexus

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 02:30 AM
Teamspeed Pro
bdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond repute
Another longtime IP4 owner that's tired of waiting around for the IP5. Just preordered the Samsung Galaxy Note (which will receive the ICS update on March 1st), so I'll give an Android phone a chance to win me over before Apple's next release. Glad to hear that ICS is winning some people over, gives me hope it can do the same for me.

Old 02-13-2012, 01:36 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud of
^^That thing is huge. Wonder how it will be to use as a phone (when on the go etc)?

Keep me updated please. I'm curious.

Old 02-14-2012, 12:23 AM
Teamspeed Pro
bdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bavmtrwrksftw
^^That thing is huge. Wonder how it will be to use as a phone (when on the go etc)?

Keep me updated please. I'm curious.
I'll definitely keep you updated once mine arrives & I've become accustomed to it. I too was skeptical at first about the Note just because of its sheer size, but after reading a lot of reviews regarding the Int'l version of the phone...I think it offers what I'm looking for. If you're interested in the Note at all, it's worth your time to watch PhoneDog's reviews on it. He starts out extremely skeptical and by the 11th day of his "30 day challenge" of using the Note as his personal phone, he's pretty impressed with it.

Samsung Galaxy Note Challenge: Day 1 - YouTube

Samsung Galaxy Note Challenge: Day 4 - YouTube

Samsung Galaxy Note Challenge: Day 7 - YouTube

(now with AT&T's 4G LTE version rather than the Int'l version)

Samsung Galaxy Note Challenge Day 11 - YouTube

Old 02-17-2012, 11:16 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud of
Seems better than I expected. Interesting phone indeed.

Old 02-18-2012, 06:05 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by bavmtrwrksftw
Seems better than I expected. Interesting phone indeed.
Agreed. And since your thread is really asking about the Galaxy Nexus, I can bring my suggestion back on topic with this comparison that may help you:

Samsung Galaxy Note vs. Samsung Galaxy Nexus Dogfight Part 2 - YouTube

Samsung Galaxy Note vs. Samsung Galaxy Nexus Dogfight Part 1 - YouTube

(that was the Int'l Note, which is lacking LTE-connectivity)

Old 02-18-2012, 07:14 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
I've been meaning to try an android based phone for awhile. Problem is there are a billion of them. Which are the top ones right now?

Old 02-18-2012, 04:21 PM
Teamspeed Pro
thedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond repute
Very Happey Galaxy Nexus user here. I'm using it on Verizon's 4gLte network and its great.

Old 02-18-2012, 05:40 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nice
Now that ICS is available for the Galaxy S2, I would easily take this over the galaxy nexus:

Pure ICS ROM for Rooted Galaxy S2! [i9100] - YouTube

Old 02-18-2012, 06:55 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Picked up a Nexus an hour ago. After 6 or 7 years on a BB (with 8mos on iPhone before I went back) it'll be quite a transition... Hope I can get speedy on it

Old 02-18-2012, 09:27 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Thanks for the feedback guys. I may be picking up the Nexus tomorrow. I am intrigued by the Note, but it just seems too massive. Thanks for the videos and comments though, bdeitemeyer.

The S2 seems nice, but the Nexus basically has everything the S2 has anyways, minus the 8mp camera. And I'm not about to have AT&T again lmao.

cstroked, hope you indeed get speedy with it. The learning curve always sucks for a bit. I looked at the phone today and really liked it over my current iPhone.

Thanks for the help guys!

Quick Reply: Galaxy Nexus