Notices
Gadgets & Electronics | Home Theater | Gaming The Latest in Electronics, Home Theater, Gaming, PDA's, GPS, Computers, & More Discussion Forum.

Galaxy Nexus

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 09:32 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by thedude
Very Happey Galaxy Nexus user here. I'm using it on Verizon's 4gLte network and its great.
I'm sure it is. Coming from ATT, it will probably feel like the service is actually worth paying for. lol!

Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
I've been meaning to try an android based phone for awhile. Problem is there are a billion of them. Which are the top ones right now?
I'm pretty much set on the Galaxy Nexus, quite like the design of the phone and features. Verizon has 2 for 1 on the Motorola Razr Maxx (why two x's? lol). It will be upgraded to ICS as well.

There are lots of great android devices like some of the phones mentioned in this thread. It's just a matter of finding one that appeals to you, IMO. And make sure it can be upgraded to ICS if it currently does not have it.

Old 02-19-2012, 03:51 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Originally Posted by bavmtrwrksftw
I'm sure it is. Coming from ATT, it will probably feel like the service is actually worth paying for. lol!

I'm pretty much set on the Galaxy Nexus, quite like the design of the phone and features. Verizon has 2 for 1 on the Motorola Razr Maxx (why two x's? lol). It will be upgraded to ICS as well.

There are lots of great android devices like some of the phones mentioned in this thread. It's just a matter of finding one that appeals to you, IMO. And make sure it can be upgraded to ICS if it currently does not have it.
After sitting down and spending some time using it it is a breeze. Very simple to figure out. FAR more functionality in my opinion than iPhone, starting with the Gmail widget which is live email and fully integrated native app kind of like docs. It integrates seamlessly with all of the core Google apps which is awesome, considering my iPad SUCKS at that. There are tons of other features the phone has which I think blow iOS out of the water... I get tired of looking at only little icons.

Google music is sweet to, I just got going with that. For some reason I've always preferred Android's app selection compared to iOS (I have an iPad, MBP and previously had an iPhone).

I almost bought the Razr Maxx because I think it's more durable than the Nexus. Also buy one get one free right now. The thing is though, I don't want to deal with Motoblur and their BS skin over Android. I wanted Android like Google intended it, and ICS right away, which is pretty sweet. I imagine the first "Razr" to come out post-merger will be incredible.

I do miss my BB in the sense I could absolutely whip through everything (I used to side buttons a lot to switch between apps) but on this I can actually look at stuff on the web etc.

I don't think you'll regret picking up a Nexus.

Old 02-19-2012, 09:07 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud of
I just picked it up, and I agree, cstroked, I'm not regretting it at all!

So much more functionality than the iPhone, and I'm getting used to it in a matter of minutes.

Thanks for the help everyone! Love this phone.