Notices
Gadgets & Electronics | Home Theater | Gaming The Latest in Electronics, Home Theater, Gaming, PDA's, GPS, Computers, & More Discussion Forum.

HDTV OTA Antenna

Old 02-06-2012, 03:27 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
HDTV OTA Antenna

So I got one from Best Buy yesterday for the Super Bowl feed, and it looked so much nicer than the DTV or cable feed. Which makes me wonder how compressed the cable/SAT provider signals are.

Anyway, I tried the Terk FDTV2A, and while it picked up a lot of channels and allowed me to watch the SuperBowl, it could not pick up Fox and a few other local channels.

Does anyone know of a good amplified antenna for OTA?

Thanks!

Old 02-06-2012, 03:58 PM
Registered Member
DrgnTmr has a reputation beyond reputeDrgnTmr has a reputation beyond reputeDrgnTmr has a reputation beyond reputeDrgnTmr has a reputation beyond reputeDrgnTmr has a reputation beyond reputeDrgnTmr has a reputation beyond reputeDrgnTmr has a reputation beyond reputeDrgnTmr has a reputation beyond reputeDrgnTmr has a reputation beyond reputeDrgnTmr has a reputation beyond reputeDrgnTmr has a reputation beyond repute
When I had an HDTV antenna hooked up, it was direction more than amplification.
Did you try / were you able to rotate the antenna to achieve a better signal?

Old 02-06-2012, 04:10 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DrgnTmr
When I had an HDTV antenna hooked up, it was direction more than amplification.
Did you try / were you able to rotate the antenna to achieve a better signal?
Yes, and it didn't matter.

It picked up the same number of channels.

According to The Digital TV Transition: Reception Maps

I should most definitely be getting every single channel. And I have an enormous 2 piece sliding glass door in the living room where the TV is, on top of being on the 6th floor with an unobstructed view.