Notices
Gadgets & Electronics | Home Theater | Gaming The Latest in Electronics, Home Theater, Gaming, PDA's, GPS, Computers, & More Discussion Forum.

Android users tracked

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 08:13 PM
Banned
gmaccormack is an unknown quantity at this point
Android users tracked

Where you are and what you type is being monitored android users
BUSTED! Secret app on millions of phones logs key taps ? The Register

Old 11-30-2011, 08:17 PM
Ced
Official CED
Ced has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond repute
Isnt that how they catch criminals these days and pinpoint them exactly to the location of their crimes?
Smartfones just made it more accurate, its been going on for a while.

I heard somewhere that all phone conversations on prepaid phones are recorded.

Old 11-30-2011, 08:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
VKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond repute
Wow! Major invasion of privacy!

Old 12-25-2011, 11:20 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
bkscott is just really nicebkscott is just really nicebkscott is just really nicebkscott is just really nicebkscott is just really nicebkscott is just really nicebkscott is just really nicebkscott is just really nicebkscott is just really nicebkscott is just really nicebkscott is just really nice
All cell phones can be tracked, not just android phones.

Old 12-25-2011, 11:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
slord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond repute
Funny everyone went ape shit about the iphone having the same thing months ago.

Old 01-29-2012, 04:40 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
cream168 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Ced
Isnt that how they catch criminals these days and pinpoint them exactly to the location of their crimes?
Smartfones just made it more accurate, its been going on for a while.

I heard somewhere that all phone conversations on prepaid phones are recorded.
I don't think a smart criminal would bring their personal cellphone to commit a crime, that's like bringing your wallet and dropping it at the crime scene lol. Now a days a lot of them use ghost lines, aka a phone registered to a false name and false address so even if the number was tracked back to the person it was registered to, that person doesn't exist. If you know someone that sells phones at any store, they can set this up for you. There was this guy that had his first/last name set to YOUR DAD, so that's what would show up on the caller ID when he called someone.

Also a lot of people are using blackberrys with encrypted messaging programs. And you can wipe your messages off the other person's phone that you're talking to and reset the set of keys it uses to encrypt that message. So a normal message that says "hi" would show up as "#^%GF^<>I{Y}" or some sort of long jiberish for example, unless using the encryptor to de-encrypt that message. Such programs include X-Shield, PGP, Encryptor, etc.

XShield

But of course the government has ways of passing these encryptions. I mean if you're a really bad dude and they want you, I'm sure they have ways of breaking into your phone anyways. Another way of communicating is you could share an email account with someone, type the message you want to but do not send it. Save it as a draft, then the other person can log on and read that draft, then delete it but basically the way I see it, anything electronic is traceable but that's the world we live in today. What happened to the good old pager days when cell phones didn't exist and we had to use pay phones lol?

Last edited by cream168; 01-29-2012 at 04:46 AM.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:06 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
cream168 is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree that monitoring smart phones is a huge invasion of privacy, but if you're not a criminal or bad guy, why worry? Unless you're cheating on the wife or something lol look at Tiger Woods he had his whole conversations/texts recorded and played out. I use both android/iPhone myself but don't really care cause so what if they can or hear what I am doing? I have nothing to hide. There's been spy stores for a while now that you can buy a gps tracker, throw it under your wife's vehicle and see where she goes after work lol.