Notices
Gadgets & Electronics | Home Theater | Gaming The Latest in Electronics, Home Theater, Gaming, PDA's, GPS, Computers, & More Discussion Forum.

The Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 03:14 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Turbofanatic has a reputation beyond reputeTurbofanatic has a reputation beyond reputeTurbofanatic has a reputation beyond reputeTurbofanatic has a reputation beyond reputeTurbofanatic has a reputation beyond reputeTurbofanatic has a reputation beyond reputeTurbofanatic has a reputation beyond reputeTurbofanatic has a reputation beyond reputeTurbofanatic has a reputation beyond reputeTurbofanatic has a reputation beyond reputeTurbofanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Yep, I changed my pre-order to the special edition as well. The car and the extra 5 cars in-game are worth the outlay IMO.
So do I, I don't care about that scale model but the 5 extra cars are very interesting.

Old 07-24-2010, 03:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond repute
do you guys have steering wheels for this game or just use the regular controller??

Old 07-24-2010, 06:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I'll use the regular controller when I eventually get a PS3 and GT5. I should probably pre-order it soon...

Any idea what the 5 special cars will be with the special edition?

Old 07-24-2010, 06:55 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
It's a voucher for 5 "high-end" cars so I don't know if they'll be ones you choose as new cars come out, or 5 special ones for the pre-sale.

I cannot wait for this game. I am praying the full complement of RUF cars is in the game. From game videos, I've noticed Audis, Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Astons, etc. Should be awesome.

I use the regular controller.

I have to give props to Forza. They usually have ALL the good cars and have come out semi-regularly with new updates/versions. I wish Gran Turismo as a franchise would drop the 600cc Kei cars and 1.0L shitboxes that Kazunori seems fascinated with.

Old 07-26-2010, 12:15 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Any idea what the 5 special cars will be with the special edition?
Maybe it's a Porsche, wait.............

Old 08-18-2010, 02:24 PM
Teamspeed Gaming Guru
cleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond repute
Gran Turismo 5 blowout!

First off, GT5's Spectator Mode looks pretty awesome with the ability to upload to YouTube us noobs, pros & aficionados alike can share our glory or tune in and watch a race in progress.

Video of Gran Turismo 5’s Online Spectator Mode

Some new drool worthy screenshots:

http://www.gtpla.net/wp-content/uplo...escom-2010.jpg

http://www.gtpla.net/wp-content/uplo...com-2010-3.jpg

http://www.gtpla.net/wp-content/uplo...ome-2010-2.jpg

http://www.gtpla.net/wp-content/uplo...com-2010-4.jpg

More unique details emerge:

Karting!

YouTube - Gran Turismo 5 - Go-Karting Gameplay Footage

The story got pulled but there will be somewhat of a course maker!

Rather than being a fully featured editor – a feature that, Yamauchi confessed, was tinkered with but deemed too complex – the course maker allows players to select certain set parameters to create a track. A theme can be selected, with the Belgian High Fens or Toscana two examples, and the individual track sectors are then defined.

Sectors are edited individually, with frequency of curves, sharpness of corners, degree of topography and banking angle are set with a series of sliders.
A small interview from GTPlanet:

Monza makes the cut!

YouTube - Gran Turismo 5 - Monza Gameplay

Various car selection menus:

YouTube - GT5 GamesCom demo menu

YouTube - GT5 GamesCom demo cars

YouTube - GT5 GamesCom demo tracks

Old 08-18-2010, 02:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Bronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond repute
Have they confirmed a date now? One that won't be pushed forward again

Old 08-18-2010, 02:44 PM
Teamspeed Gaming Guru
cleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond repute
Special Editions to buy:

Signature Edition for World except North America & Japan:

Here’s what you get for €179.99 (pre-order here at Amazon.fr):

• Sculpted metal box, finished with SLS AMG Obsidian Black paint.
  • SLS AMG 1:43 model car
  • Leather GT-branded wallet with competition entry card (see below)
  • GT-branded USB key with a special GT5 trailer
  • GT-branded key fob
  • Coffee table book featuring the cars and locations of GT5
  • 200-page Apex book with driving and tuning tips, discussion of future technologies, and more.
  • Five unique “Chrome Line” edition cars (see below).
  • The “competition entry card” provided with the wallet grants you access to a special competition – one that combines in-game and real-world challenges, much like the GT Academy. The prize, though, is extraordinary: a real Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG super car of your very own. (More details on this competition will be announced later.)
  • Also like the GT Academy, United States, Canadian, and even Japanese fans are out of luck, as the Signature Edition (and the competition) will only be available to residents of the following countries: UK, Ireland, Germany, Austria, France, Switzerland, Portugal, Spain, Italy, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Norway, Greece, Czech Republic, Russia, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, UAE and Saudi Arabia.

Europe also has their own Collector’s Edition coming, which differs slightly from the US version. Here’s what it includes for €79.99:
  • A commemorative “slip case” featuring the artwork that was originally spotted in this video.
  • The five unique Chrome Line cars (see below).
  • Five collectable “art cards”.

These five “Chrome Line” cars will be available as DLC in all special editions of Gran Turismo 5, including the United States:
  • Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro Chrome Line Edition
  • BMW M3 Coupe Chrome Line Edition
  • Lamborghini Murcielago LP 640 Chrome Line Edition
  • Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe Chrome Line Edition
  • Shelby Cobra 427 Chrome Line Edition

Six more special cars will also be used as pre-order incentives by different retailers around the world:

Old 08-18-2010, 02:56 PM
Teamspeed Gaming Guru
Yes, solid release dates are November 2nd for North America and November 3rd everywhere else. I'm assuming the one day difference is to lighten the load on the servers somewhat.

Old 08-18-2010, 03:04 PM
Am I the only one around here who doesn't have a custom member title?
sinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bronto
Have they confirmed a date now? One that won't be pushed forward again
November 2nd is the official release date that Sony announced on the E3 2010

Quick Reply: The Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread