Notices
Gadgets & Electronics | Home Theater | Gaming The Latest in Electronics, Home Theater, Gaming, PDA's, GPS, Computers, & More Discussion Forum.

The Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 11:18 PM
Teamspeed Gaming Guru
cleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JonA85
Samehere.

I hate that about Forza but then again you do get the updated cars which I like.
Kazunori has repeated that RUF will be in the game and that he isn't fond of DLC. But Sony might make them do DLC after and I suspect they will as they update more & more cars but not bulljive like Forza3.

There is head tracking too

Playing Gran Turismo 5 and talking shop with Kaz Yamauchi [w/video] — Autoblog

Edit:

Last edited by cleanme; 06-17-2010 at 11:53 PM.
Old 06-18-2010, 07:44 AM
Teamspeed Pro
4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute
Sony didn't release a full list of the cars in the game yet, right?

I did read somewhere that out of the supposedly 1000+ cars, 800 will be updated versions of cars found in previous games. So does that mean there will be 800 lame Japanese eco boxes and only 200 interesting cars? And will it take a grueling amount of dull license tests before you actually get to drive the cool stuff?

If this game is as good as it's hyped up to be, I *might* finally give in and get me one of them fancy playstations. But I fear it'll be a bit same old, same old. Graphics look nice though.

Old 06-18-2010, 11:35 AM
Am I the only one around here who doesn't have a custom member title?
sinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 4Wheels
Sony didn't release a full list of the cars in the game yet, right?

I did read somewhere that out of the supposedly 1000+ cars, 800 will be updated versions of cars found in previous games. So does that mean there will be 800 lame Japanese eco boxes and only 200 interesting cars? And will it take a grueling amount of dull license tests before you actually get to drive the cool stuff?

If this game is as good as it's hyped up to be, I *might* finally give in and get me one of them fancy playstations. But I fear it'll be a bit same old, same old. Graphics look nice though.
In every GT game it was a pain in the ass to be able to drive the sick cars! In GT4 you had to master the 24h Nordschleife race to get the Formula 1 car and 1 million $ price money. Also the final license tests were not viable under 50 attempts.

Old 06-21-2010, 10:45 AM
Teamspeed Gaming Guru
cleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond reputecleanme has a reputation beyond repute
Old 06-21-2010, 05:13 PM
Teamspeed Gaming Guru
Track editor confirmed! Go-karts! Weather!

What can we look forward to when Gran Turismo 5 releases on PlayStation 3?
Gran Turismo 5 will offer gamers an experience more rich, more in-depth and more exciting than they might expect - even from a series as closely identified with innovation and invention as Gran Turismo. Not only will Gran Turismo 5 deliver an even more comprehensive set of cars and courses than gamers saw with previous iterations, it will also feature new game-enhacing graphical effects such as damage, night racing and weather.

These innovations are twinned with the option to join millions of like-minded individuals globally within the Gran Turismo community and to find a driving experience to suit, whether that is taking on the Top Gear test track, chucking cars around stunt arenas, go-karting, creating and sharing your own track or intense head-to-head races. Who, where and what to drive is completely down to the individual.

This time around Gran Turismo is likely not just to be the definitive driving experience but a definitive gaming experience full stop.
From this interview: PlayStation 3 News Articles: - Talking games with Shuhei Yoshida

Last edited by cleanme; 06-21-2010 at 05:17 PM.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
Track editor is going to be so FTW. I hope it's full blown and anyone can actually create any track from scratch and share it on the network ... how insane would that be? 2 weeks and every single track on the planet is replicated ...

Old 06-21-2010, 07:30 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I'd make my own "F#$k Tilke" track and actually allow for overtaking! I'd put in lots of elevation changes - maybe even make a copy of Spa...

Old 06-23-2010, 11:19 PM
Teamspeed Gaming Guru
GT5 screenshots & video of Rome track. Photomode pictures *might* be 18Mp. Polyphony Digital said they could make it 18Mp or I think around 8Mp? The detail is amazing.

Rome in GT5: 18-Megapixel Screenshots, Gameplay Videos

Old 07-02-2010, 10:22 AM
Teamspeed Gaming Guru
A thought on the custom track editor. What if it is like a Gymkhana type editor where you can make your own course on a pre defined area with pylons, barriers etc. Still a track editor but not like rebuilding Mosport or Road America etc

Looks like Photo Mode might be 18mp. More pics:

Big version:
Toscana @ Night - Subaru WRX Taillights

------------

Big Version:

Night scene

--------

Big Version:

Suzuki SX4 @ Night

--------

Big Version:

Toscana w/ Red Bull

-----------

Big Version:

Red Bull up close

Old 07-07-2010, 11:08 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
New video of some muscle cars, LeMans cars, old rally cars (Stratos, Alpine 110), and some sweet old Italian cars (Alfas, etc.).

Gran Turismo 5 Standard Models Trailer Video from GameVideos

Quick Reply: The Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread