Notices
Gadgets & Electronics | Home Theater | Gaming The Latest in Electronics, Home Theater, Gaming, PDA's, GPS, Computers, & More Discussion Forum.

The Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 03:14 AM
Teamspeed Pro
The Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond repute
Wow. IGN gives F3 a better rating than GT5...

Old 11-24-2010, 03:49 AM
Am I the only one around here who doesn't have a custom member title?
sinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond repute
Can anybody, who bought the game yet, comment on the engine sounds ? Are they as close to reality as promised ?

Old 11-24-2010, 04:12 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Giggles You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Giggles You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Giggles You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Giggles You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Giggles You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Giggles You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Giggles You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Giggles You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Giggles You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Giggles You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Giggles You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I am very disappointed!

Cars don't sound original.
Gameplay is arcady/sim
Most of the cars i checked out so far are not responsive in the steering department.
The menu is the same old shit style.
Loading takes ages.
Tire screech is not real.
No feel for weight transfer when turning.
Drift mode sucks.
Shifting doesn't sound good.
No clutch!!!! Maybe there is an option but didn't find it yet...
And so much more!

The whole game is a disappointment when compared to FM2 and FM3. It took them years to make this and at the end they come up with this??!?!?!?

The only option i liked is that you can create your own track, other than that the game really sucks.

5/10 < for real.

Old 11-24-2010, 06:41 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Giggles, your review makes baby animals cry. I really hope it's better than peoples initial reviews are saying...

I'm skipping out of work a few hours early to pick it up. I heard it takes about an hour to load so while it's doing it's thing, I'm going to run a few errands and try to track down a Logitec wheel.

Old 11-24-2010, 08:43 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
The F40 in this video sounds like a Civic:

Gran Turismo 5 Review - PlayStation 3 Review at IGN

Old 11-24-2010, 08:51 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Damn Giggles, after reading both the IGN review and your comments, I'm not even sure it's worth my time to play it at all (especially since I'm enjoying F1). I'll give it a try this afternoon and post my thoughts.

Old 11-24-2010, 09:49 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
First comments @ 2am yesterday.

How in the *uck can they not make an accurate timer? You know what you're installing, you know the specs of every system you're installing it on! How can it be 20min...17min................................3min. ..35s................................3s. and actually take an hour? You kidding me?

Menu sucks BIG TIME. Unclear, keeps asking me to put in my welcome message, profile photo and stuff every single time I go to Home. Music is still the aggravating elevator music.

Why do I have to do all the basic licenses again? I've been doing them for every single GT that came out ... I'm pretty sure I know how to brake.

Go Kart has potential ... maybe with a wheel.

LP560 is only available in black, white or yellow. That's it. Absurd.

AI is still as dumb as a bag of bolts, only now when they touch the back of your car, you're really *ucked.

First comment "uh ... that looks EXACTLY like GT4"

I'm beyond words, I can't understand WTF they did for all those years. I want to punch polyphony in the face.

Last edited by Zorro; 11-24-2010 at 09:53 AM.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:52 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
amazon just delivered my copy...excited even though i read the IGN review... they said in the clip that the game is the "best console driving sim ever"

Old 11-24-2010, 09:59 AM
Teamspeed Pro
edbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond repute
glad to see I'm not the only one who wants his money back, I'm so sorry I paid extra for the collectors edition.

Old 11-24-2010, 10:05 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I'm still excited to get my hands on this.

Quick Reply: The Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread