Notices
Gadgets & Electronics | Home Theater | Gaming The Latest in Electronics, Home Theater, Gaming, PDA's, GPS, Computers, & More Discussion Forum.

The Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 06:03 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ridgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by .:Raul
What's the best car to beat the 10 lap B spec Le Mans race ?
Bentley Speed 8, racing hard to start, change to intermediates end of laps 2 and 8. Don't take on any fuel and set aero for maximum downforce. You can keep increasing pace but if you do make sure you decrease for corner at end of Mulsanne straight or you'll be off into the gravel.

This has worked for me now lots of times, 200% win bonus = 6 million credits and 1000000 xp every win!

Old 01-27-2012, 06:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
It's so corny that the best way to rank up and money up is B spec races.

Last edited by TTM0TION; 01-28-2012 at 05:34 PM.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Neil Switzer
Chappparal 2J with intermediate tires.
Tried it with the chaparral on hard racing tires and finished 8th. Tires were gone because I only made one stop.

Old 01-28-2012, 05:12 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ridgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura aboutRidgback has a spectacular aura about
Tried it with the chaparral on hard racing tires and finished 8th. Tires were gone because I only made one stop.
You need to make 2 stops change to intermediates both times. Don't refuel you'll do the whole race on one tank. I also used max downforce on the aero settings.

I never finished above 8th 'til I did the above. Got to admit I haven't tried the race with the Chaparral, but you should win if you use intermediates and pit twice.

Pit at the end of lap 8 because the leaders always seem to pit at the end of lap 9 and you normally pass them while they're in the pits or you'll get past on the last lap. Also make sure you decrease pace at the end of the Mulsanne straight or you'll go in the gravel. Just up the pace again when you've got round the corner.

Old 01-28-2012, 04:00 PM
Teamspeed Member
Pelder is a jewel in the roughPelder is a jewel in the roughPelder is a jewel in the roughPelder is a jewel in the roughPelder is a jewel in the roughPelder is a jewel in the roughPelder is a jewel in the roughPelder is a jewel in the roughPelder is a jewel in the roughPelder is a jewel in the roughPelder is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Neil Switzer
Chappparal 2J with intermediate tires.
The @j is a very underestimated car in my opinion. It's a lot of fun to pick a 2J in an online race with ~500pp restrictions :P

Old 01-28-2012, 04:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
Ya I changed to full wet I believe. What if I did one stop in the middle of the race instead?

Old 01-28-2012, 05:00 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ya I changed to full wet I believe. What if I did one stop in the middle of the race instead?
I tried one stop, didn't win came 5th. I've found that pitting at the end of lap 2 then end of lap 8 works, to be honest on one occasion I ended up 2nd but rest of the time have won.

Wets didn't work for me, but intermediates do. Just experiment and see what happens for you.

Old 04-23-2012, 04:40 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
QYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant future
Where has everyone been?

Old 04-23-2012, 08:04 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
I've been loving the new online race at Laguna Seca. I think it's 550pp restriction and 5 laps. First gets you just over 400k.

Old 04-30-2012, 09:26 PM
Teamspeed Member
Pelder is a jewel in the roughPelder is a jewel in the roughPelder is a jewel in the roughPelder is a jewel in the roughPelder is a jewel in the roughPelder is a jewel in the roughPelder is a jewel in the roughPelder is a jewel in the roughPelder is a jewel in the roughPelder is a jewel in the roughPelder is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by QYKSLVR
Where has everyone been?
Busy with 24h of Le Mans, it took me around two months to finish as it's a giantic borefest. I just started the 24h of the Nordschleife. I think it will take me several years to finish that one as soon as it turns night in game.

Quick Reply: The Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread