Notices
Gadgets & Electronics | Home Theater | Gaming The Latest in Electronics, Home Theater, Gaming, PDA's, GPS, Computers, & More Discussion Forum.

The Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 12:54 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond repute
Its been so long since I have played I have 5 updates that I need to download and install.

Who's knows when Ill be on, but they are updating now.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:37 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
The problem is that they have constant updates and they take so damn long to install. On the rare occasion that I do find 30-60 min to sit down and play, nearly all of that time gets chewed up with the updates, without actually getting to any gaming.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
I have been lucky I guess because the updates haven't been that crazy maybe I'm just playing a tad more. The 5 lap laguna secs race for PP 650 is sick. I use the Z06 RM and can usually catch the leader on the final lap. Makes for good fun and a cool 410k. I want the speed 8 but can't get it to show up ever so I'm just saving.

Theres the 4 or 6 hour laguna sea race also, I forget exactly, that you can use a Lotus to drive. I forget the exact details but it was actually a lot of fun, those cars are sick in the game.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
I really need to pick this game up again

Old 05-01-2012, 08:07 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I've been logging in every day I am home to keep picking up paint chips and keep my bonus @ 200%. I've been using my alternate PS3 since it's tough to get to the man cave with my baby chores... I still love this game, though a BIG car pack would be welcome.

FWIW, I was surprised to see the 2010 Jag XF-R in the used cars... I didn't think that car was in the game.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
The problem is that they have constant updates and they take so damn long to install. On the rare occasion that I do find 30-60 min to sit down and play, nearly all of that time gets chewed up with the updates, without actually getting to any gaming.
This. By the time everything was loaded last night, it was to late. I'll have to try again tonight.

Old 05-06-2012, 01:43 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
QYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant future
Well Im glad to see everyone is still playing. im on quite a bit, I dont have everyone here on my PSN but feel free to add me:

HarryBawlzonya

Old 05-06-2012, 09:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
I've been logging in every day I am home to keep picking up paint chips and keep my bonus @ 200%. I've been using my alternate PS3 since it's tough to get to the man cave with my baby chores... I still love this game, though a BIG car pack would be welcome.

FWIW, I was surprised to see the 2010 Jag XF-R in the used cars... I didn't think that car was in the game.
What do you mean by bonus at 200%? I don't think I have that haha?

Old 05-07-2012, 01:25 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
QYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant futureQYKSLVR has a brilliant future
TT, each consecutive day you login (i.e. after 12:01am) You will get a paint chip (5 first day, 6 second, and to 10 on the 5th day) and you will also get a XP bonus which caps off at 200% on the 5th day. So Chris just means he logs in everyday to keep the bonus at the max or it will start over. Nice to see you back on the forums also Chris. I messaged you when I saw you online the other day. TT hows your copter???

Old 05-07-2012, 09:42 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Why are my level 38 B-spec drivers so stupid??? I keep losing races because they turn in too late (or understeer off) and then spin the tires while the nose is pegged against the barriers... UGH.

Quick Reply: The Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread