Notices
Gadgets & Electronics | Home Theater | Gaming The Latest in Electronics, Home Theater, Gaming, PDA's, GPS, Computers, & More Discussion Forum.

The Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 11:04 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Bronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond repute
Has anyone got something to lend for the historic race in the expert series (pre 79'). I haven't got anything good. I've tries the buick special but it has zero downforce.

Old 12-17-2010, 12:18 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
agentbird has a reputation beyond reputeagentbird has a reputation beyond reputeagentbird has a reputation beyond reputeagentbird has a reputation beyond reputeagentbird has a reputation beyond reputeagentbird has a reputation beyond reputeagentbird has a reputation beyond reputeagentbird has a reputation beyond reputeagentbird has a reputation beyond reputeagentbird has a reputation beyond reputeagentbird has a reputation beyond repute
Just got to level 25 B-spec, on my first endurance race now. If I activate 'pit-strategy' can I basically leave and do something else while the ps3 does the rest?

Old 12-17-2010, 01:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
The Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by agentbird
Just got to level 25 B-spec, on my first endurance race now. If I activate 'pit-strategy' can I basically leave and do something else while the ps3 does the rest?
Don't do anything to the pit-strategy, just leave it as is. This way the driver will only go in for a pit if the tire has gone out or the gas is low, even if his mental strength and strength is zero. Less pit stops = better time.

I will let you borrow the FGT next week, if it's not too late for you. I might need it this weekend as I try to get the Red Bull X1.

I think Zorro has the FGT too...

Old 12-17-2010, 02:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
yep, I do have the FGT. But I also have a G25 for a couple weeks.

Old 12-17-2010, 03:29 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
agentbird has a reputation beyond reputeagentbird has a reputation beyond reputeagentbird has a reputation beyond reputeagentbird has a reputation beyond reputeagentbird has a reputation beyond reputeagentbird has a reputation beyond reputeagentbird has a reputation beyond reputeagentbird has a reputation beyond reputeagentbird has a reputation beyond reputeagentbird has a reputation beyond reputeagentbird has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by The Doctor
Don't do anything to the pit-strategy, just leave it as is. This way the driver will only go in for a pit if the tire has gone out or the gas is low, even if his mental strength and strength is zero. Less pit stops = better time.

I will let you borrow the FGT next week, if it's not too late for you. I might need it this weekend as I try to get the Red Bull X1.

I think Zorro has the FGT too...
I just tried what you said and it worked like a charm
Only did the first one, since I'm still level 25, but damn the prize money really don't match the time spent! A race that takes over 2 hours should reward you a lot more than 30K?!?!

Of course I can wait til next week, all I'm doing right now is B-Spec to get more money. I've got my eye on the Citroen GT Race Car. Do any of you guys know if it's any good?

Old 12-17-2010, 04:26 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Jeeez...I have so much to catch up here ;o)

Just got a PS3 160GB slim + GT5 + G27. I have some problems sometimes with changing gear (For some reason it just gooes to "N" in manual when I change gear). Aside from that It's mucho fun. Only reached level 5 today....it takes some time to get used to it I think....

Most important...It's so much fun ;o)

Old 12-17-2010, 04:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Zymi
Jeeez...I have so much to catch up here ;o)

Just got a PS3 160GB slim + GT5 + G27. I have some problems sometimes with changing gear (For some reason it just gooes to "N" in manual when I change gear). Aside from that It's mucho fun. Only reached level 5 today....it takes some time to get used to it I think....

Most important...It's so much fun ;o)

that's because you're not clutching enough or not letting go off the gas enough while shifting.

Old 12-17-2010, 04:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
The Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by agentbird
I just tried what you said and it worked like a charm
Only did the first one, since I'm still level 25, but damn the prize money really don't match the time spent! A race that takes over 2 hours should reward you a lot more than 30K?!?!

Of course I can wait til next week, all I'm doing right now is B-Spec to get more money. I've got my eye on the Citroen GT Race Car. Do any of you guys know if it's any good?
I think you can win that, so definitely don't buy it... B-spec isn't a good way to get money but I'd rather do B-spec until level 35 and get a X1 than drive for hours to get up to level 30 in A-spec. Not to mention getting bronze in the Vettel challenge is supposedly difficult.

Old 12-17-2010, 05:43 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Zymi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by Zorro
that's because you're not clutching enough or not letting go off the gas enough while shifting.
Really? It's my fault?

Well....ehhh....that means something can be done about it

Old 12-17-2010, 05:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by The Doctor
Not to mention getting bronze in the Vettel challenge is supposedly difficult.
Friend of mine has been going insane about this. The IM history is hilarious. Just him swearing and going "WTF that's impossible!".

Quick Reply: The Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread