Notices
Gadgets & Electronics | Home Theater | Gaming The Latest in Electronics, Home Theater, Gaming, PDA's, GPS, Computers, & More Discussion Forum.

Macbook Pro countdown

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 01:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
CarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Control It
While that's a good idea, you couldn't pay me to do that...The smirking and smugness of the Apple employees might push me into Steve H land too...

I wonder at what point will the smugness backfire..I'm an Apple fan but can't stand the Apple store attitude..

I was there a couple of months ago checking out the new MacPro, next to me was a 10 year old girl playing on the MacPro next to me..The salesman comes up to me with another customer and said he had a training session and could I let them use the computer..Without thinking I got up..Then I walked back over and said..."whatcha think? Who is more likely to buy this computer? Me or her? Think about that"
It's funny you mention this because I went through the same attitude when I picked up my imac with a sales person. The original sales person I was dealing with completely misinformed and an arrogant ass from the start - the sales guy said it would void my warranty if I were to replace the memory on my own and if they had one of the genuises do it, it would take 7 to 10 working days...this is when I lost it and called BS on him while asking for a manager.

To make a long story short, I ended up talking to a sales manager, getting a new person to work with who was a 100x better than the arrogant ass I started with, buying the imac and ripping the sales store on the customer survey. Within a few days later, the office manager actually called me back to discuss the survey. Needless to say, I informed him of the elitist attitude that the store employees, which is completely uncalled for since 90% of them have no clue on the true technical capabilities the unix system possesses...this is truly the blind leading the sighted at times.

Anyway, since I'm now hooked on the Leopard koolaid, I'll be going back for a MBP when they work out the rev A kinks.