Notices
Gadgets & Electronics | Home Theater | Gaming The Latest in Electronics, Home Theater, Gaming, PDA's, GPS, Computers, & More Discussion Forum.

Macbook Pro countdown

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 02:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
CarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond repute
LABrit, just go and talk to the manager and be persistent that you want to return this w/out the restocking fee and pay any differential between the two. Apple is one of the few companies that seems to do well by their customers...when the new ipods/iphones/whatever were 150 dollars cheaper they gave out coupons.

Old 02-26-2008, 02:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
It's going to be tough to get out of this one - the new macbook black is actually cheaper than what i paid for a better spec, so i would need a refund from them in addition to no charge for a restocking fee.

Old 02-26-2008, 02:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
CarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond repute
Ouch, that is rough. Can you upgrade the new book to equal costs?

Old 02-26-2008, 02:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
No.

Old 02-26-2008, 03:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
eshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond repute
Mind as well order if you are on the fence...it'll be a while now before the line sees a major update. Anyone notice the spelling error on the apple store page hehe

Old 02-27-2008, 02:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
JarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond repute
They are saying there is another update coming in June for the Macbook Pro.

I am just going to order an Air to screw around with in the meantime.

Old 02-27-2008, 03:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
I thought i'd update my predicament: Returned the computer and printer with no restocking fee and the guy let me keep the remote control when i joked that the new one i'll be buying (doesn't come in until Friday) doesn't come with one. The manager that helped me was gay and had a crush on me...

Old 02-27-2008, 03:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Russ has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JarodL
They are saying there is another update coming in June for the Macbook Pro.

I am just going to order an Air to screw around with in the meantime.
That's pretty much my plan as well... Apparently Intel forced this new chip on Apple, so Apple had to come out with a new release otherwise they would've been faced with supply issues. Sooooo, hopefully new fully-redesigned MBPs are on the way!

Old 02-27-2008, 04:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Looks like a lot of us have that same idea. Instead of an MBA I picked up a 24" iMac for now.

Old 03-01-2008, 10:33 PM
MrTheBadGuy
Control It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CarbonCycles
LABrit, just go and talk to the manager and be persistent that you want to return this w/out the restocking fee and pay any differential between the two. Apple is one of the few companies that seems to do well by their customers...when the new ipods/iphones/whatever were 150 dollars cheaper they gave out coupons.
While that's a good idea, you couldn't pay me to do that...The smirking and smugness of the Apple employees might push me into Steve H land too...

I wonder at what point will the smugness backfire..I'm an Apple fan but can't stand the Apple store attitude..

I was there a couple of months ago checking out the new MacPro, next to me was a 10 year old girl playing on the MacPro next to me..The salesman comes up to me with another customer and said he had a training session and could I let them use the computer..Without thinking I got up..Then I walked back over and said..."whatcha think? Who is more likely to buy this computer? Me or her? Think about that"