Notices
Ferrari Super Cars Ferrari Enzo, FXX, F50, F40, & More Discussion Forum.

Official: Ferrari La Ferrari

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 08:40 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Darksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ABK
What bothers is that some guys say that they rather get a pagani huayra over this. U need to know that the la ferrari and the p1 is in a diffrent level than a huayra those cars will change the history of hypercars.

Also what more bothers me that some guys are saying the laferrari is overpriced . Well if this car is overpriced what do u have to say about the bugatti or the konigsegg and the pagani. And belive me the value of it will double as soon as it hits the roads.
Hmm I respectfully disagree - the price points for all 3 mentioned cars are around the same ballpark. Just because the P1 and LaFerrari have more bells and whistles doesn't necessarily mean they are on a different level. Horacio would undoubtedly put his cars in the same league as Ferrari's and McClarens.

The car is overpriced when you look at the whole picture. In Bugatti's case, the Veyron is overpriced because it doesn't really do much in terms of a supercar; you are basically paying for the prestige and a 0-60 time of 2.5s. As for Koenigsegg, hmm perhaps the Agera is overpriced when compared to the competition. When it comes to Pagani, the Zonda is worth every penny because you get exclusivity, a unique and stunning design, craftsmanship, attention to detail (which I think Lambo and Ferrari can't even match)and flare, most of those things the LaFerrari is missing thus why I think the price is too steep.

Old 03-05-2013, 08:41 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Elion_Arro is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by exRockstar
I think there are another set of wheels available... But look even worse. The back shoulders of the car are to bulgy. The wheels look tiny.... look like those old 90's concepts. The P1 spits hardcore in every body mm.
But the La Ferrari is the new king. And Ron's words on the P1 presentation.... I think we was very nervous and jumped to early. But anyway, 10s off top gear record is what these new gen off hypercars will show us. Sub 7m on the ring its not a surprise. It would be if it would not be like that. I think that the LaFerrari will do better.
Is Ron the Stig or what? And i hope they dont get the wrong tires....
Well, the P1 will weigh slightly less most likely. But the Ferrari will have the extra 60 horses. So really, it's a question of whether the P1's wing and independent suspension can make up the difference. Guess we'll have to wait and see...

Last edited by Elion_Arro; 03-05-2013 at 08:42 PM. Reason: grammar error
Old 03-05-2013, 08:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Elion_Arro
I'm a graphic designer, the P1 is far better looking to me. Do you really feel the need to insult the people who don't like the way this looks?
|Edit|
Which, by the way, I'm not saying I don't. I simply prefer the P1.
In which part of my comment was insulting?

It was an honest personal opinion and I used the F1 predecessor as the basis of my observation. Anyone who can tell me with a straight face that the P1 is more beautiful than the F1, let alone the LaFerrari has questionable judgement imho.

Doesn't mean one's right or wrong or insulting in any way, just means I probably wouldn't go off his/her opinions on the matter to influence my own. Not sure why you're so overly sensitive to a contrasting opinion...it's a forum...

I also have a BFA in Graphic Design & BS in Physics. I have also won Red Dot Awards, multiple publications in Graphis and CommArts annuals, Type Directors Club, nominated as one of the top 30 designers under 30 by Print etc during my hay days, not sure why all that matters though.

Anyways, back to the LaFerrari, this would be my first mod if I was on the short list of lucky folks to get one:

Attached Images  

Last edited by alwin; 03-05-2013 at 08:54 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:26 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Scootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of lightScootypuff Jr. is a glorious beacon of light
I'm going to wait to pass judgement on this car. So much hype, so many doctored press release pictures, etc. I want to see how it performs and some pictures of it in the wild. Hopefully I'll get a chance to see it in real life too.

I can say with certainty though that I absolutely love the ass on this car. Ferrari did well on that.

^^^Also like that picture a little better without the column in the front.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:29 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Elion_Arro is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by alwin
In which part of my comment was insulting?

It was an honest personal opinion and I used the F1 predecessor as the basis of my observation. Anyone who can tell me with a straight face that the P1 is more beautiful than the F1, let alone the LaFerrari has questionable judgement imho.

Doesn't mean one's right or wrong or insulting in any way, just means I probably wouldn't go off his/her opinions on the matter to influence my own. Not sure why you're so overly sensitive to a contrasting opinion...it's a forum...
Calling anyone who disagrees with your assessment "ridiculous" is insulting. I'm not insulted, because I don't care, but just wanted to point that out.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Scootypuff Jr.

^^^Also like that picture a little better without the column in the front.
Yeah, it was my only gripe on the front end.

I also don't like how the plates mount onto and cuts into that center column in the rear...looks clunky and like an afterthought. It would be neat if there is a rear tow mount, that could double as a license-plate holder.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:15 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
I like elements of this car but it seems that it is difficult to deliver a perfect fit in the hypercar space. I find the 918 to look a bit plain, may be too Porsche. The P1 and now this car seem to have a lot of things going on but may be one too many. I will need to see it in person. In the mean time, it looks like a combination of a Mansory SLS and an XBow.

Attached Images   
Old 03-05-2013, 10:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
KENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond repute
Impressive

Old 03-05-2013, 11:08 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
keprunited8 has a reputation beyond reputekeprunited8 has a reputation beyond reputekeprunited8 has a reputation beyond reputekeprunited8 has a reputation beyond reputekeprunited8 has a reputation beyond reputekeprunited8 has a reputation beyond reputekeprunited8 has a reputation beyond reputekeprunited8 has a reputation beyond reputekeprunited8 has a reputation beyond reputekeprunited8 has a reputation beyond reputekeprunited8 has a reputation beyond repute
Love the front, but the back half of the profile looks like a 360, and the wheels looks like a mix of 360 and CGT wheels...maybe it'll be better in person

Old 03-05-2013, 11:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
hate the name,

but YES YES YES!!!!!

I am in love! This car has some great past influences. cant wait to see more

Quick Reply: Official: Ferrari La Ferrari