Notices
Ferrari Super Cars Ferrari Enzo, FXX, F50, F40, & More Discussion Forum.

The Official Ferrari F40 Picture and Info Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 08:22 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
nthimage has a reputation beyond reputenthimage has a reputation beyond reputenthimage has a reputation beyond reputenthimage has a reputation beyond reputenthimage has a reputation beyond reputenthimage has a reputation beyond reputenthimage has a reputation beyond reputenthimage has a reputation beyond reputenthimage has a reputation beyond reputenthimage has a reputation beyond reputenthimage has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ipohopper
Definately. Used to have a poster of the Vector Prototype on my wall as a kid. There's a guy in NorCal who brings a yellow one occasionally to our Saturday exotic car meets. Pretty slick interior with the Ostrich leather seats!
Tony's car is the most exotic of the Vector W8's... and of the entire Vector production run from W2 to Indonesian M12's...

While his car isn't for sale... that is the one that I'd have my eye on in the future .... From what I understand, the car needs some degree of TLC...

Originally Posted by drew935
that vector is 1 of 17. Not sure how many are in white though. Maybe only 2?
Still an awesome car
This is the 2nd most powerful W8 from the factory... on 91 Octane, the car made 749 hp... with 110 octane race fuel, the car makes 1200 to the wheels! During this drive, he had the boost cranked up a tad, and was making significantly more power with a full tank of race gas

There are two white W8's.... this one has a blue speckle, and different mirrors and a bi-planar rear wing, no . 8 has the single element wing, and earlier mirror's... that one last I heard is in Japan for sale for a SERIOUS steal!

Here's a story I wrote on this car for "issue 1"
Zero to 100 and Back

Last edited by nthimage; 03-14-2008 at 09:37 AM.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:59 PM
ss7
Teamspeed Pro
ss7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond repute
F40 Barchette, I figured it would be appropriate to post them here

Old 03-14-2008, 12:00 AM
ss7
Teamspeed Pro
ss7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond reputess7 has a reputation beyond repute
...more

Old 03-14-2008, 12:01 AM
ss7
Teamspeed Pro
...6 pic limit sucks

Old 03-14-2008, 12:03 AM
ss7
Teamspeed Pro
in making

and this cool shot

Old 03-14-2008, 01:25 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
I mean it looks cool, but why is god's name do that?

Was the car damaged and fixed like that for cost reasons?

Old 03-14-2008, 02:34 AM
DM1
Teamspeed Senior Member
DM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SSNISTR
I mean it looks cool, but why is god's name do that?

Was the car damaged and fixed like that for cost reasons?
Agree 100%

Old 03-14-2008, 05:23 AM
Official TS Crybaby - Forever
Ryan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ipohopper
Definately. Used to have a poster of the Vector Prototype on my wall as a kid. There's a guy in NorCal who brings a yellow one occasionally to our Saturday exotic car meets. Pretty slick interior with the Ostrich leather seats!
I had the pleasure of seeing one up close at a CC gathering here in socal. Its very different. The interior reminded me of an 80s fighter jet cockpit.

Old 03-14-2008, 09:36 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
nthimage has a reputation beyond reputenthimage has a reputation beyond reputenthimage has a reputation beyond reputenthimage has a reputation beyond reputenthimage has a reputation beyond reputenthimage has a reputation beyond reputenthimage has a reputation beyond reputenthimage has a reputation beyond reputenthimage has a reputation beyond reputenthimage has a reputation beyond reputenthimage has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ryan in SD
I had the pleasure of seeing one up close at a CC gathering here in socal. Its very different. The interior reminded me of an 80s fighter jet cockpit.
The car you saw was either the AWX-3, or AWX-3 R.... which Jerry was bringing out to CC with regularity last year to help drum up interest in Vector again with his new WX8... which IMHO is a shadow of what the car once was.

Beautiful cars, none the less

Old 03-14-2008, 12:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
drew935 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Ryan in SD
yes it does. The owner of Vector Aeromotive is a plane flying guy. So you'll see a compass and a gas cap straight from a plane. In that car, you'll basically fly on the ground with the speed it can hit.

Quick Reply: The Official Ferrari F40 Picture and Info Thread