Notices
Ferrari Super Cars Ferrari Enzo, FXX, F50, F40, & More Discussion Forum.

The Official Ferrari F40 Picture and Info Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 10:25 PM
Board Certified Car Fanatic
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
Some euro cars were fitted with plexi sliding windows. This is a racing version with interesting side view mirrors as well. Those harnesses look quite tasty eh ?

Old 02-13-2008, 10:29 PM
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Kuzi
Sounds like a chore best left for the Dealer.
yeah, thats one I will leave alone when the time comes...funny thing is, its such a known issue, that most just live with it. At Cavallino in 2007, I figured I might be docked something when the lights fogged up the morning of the Concours. Judges looked at it, laughed and said every F40 they had seen does it at some point ! Nothing docked, went on to win platinum and the major for best F40. I'm a little OCD though, it will be addressed at the next major due soon.

Old 02-13-2008, 10:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
StoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RufMD
yeah, thats one I will leave alone when the time comes...funny thing is, its such a known issue, that most just live with it. At Cavallino in 2007, I figured I might be docked something when the lights fogged up the morning of the Concours. Judges looked at it, laughed and said every F40 they had seen does it at some point ! Nothing docked, went on to win platinum and the major for best F40. I'm a little OCD though, it will be addressed at the next major due soon.
Nice, nice. I wonder if it happens moreso in certain climates?

Old 02-13-2008, 10:46 PM
Originally Posted by Kuzi
Nice, nice. I wonder if it happens moreso in certain climates?

methinks ye shall be faced with this at some point my friend

Hey ! Loading pics tomorrow right ?

Old 02-13-2008, 11:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
StoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond reputeStoryBook has a reputation beyond repute
methinks ye shall be faced with this at some point my friend

Hey ! Loading pics tomorrow right ?
I've been told 11am my time...........so that would be 2pm yours.

Old 02-13-2008, 11:08 PM
Coming and going...

Old 02-13-2008, 11:09 PM
spiritual kin.....

Old 02-13-2008, 11:52 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!SINISTR You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Kuzi, a common issue with F40's...condensation in the front lights. Periodic resealing does the trick...

On turn on the defogger, I heard it works good?

Old 02-13-2008, 11:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by SSNISTR
really?

Old 02-14-2008, 12:07 AM
Originally Posted by SSNISTR
It works, but sometimes the leak is so large, that outside water seeps in...I had some enter during a wash and I had it re-sealed. Also, excessive water tends to corrode the defogger strips as well...

Quick Reply: The Official Ferrari F40 Picture and Info Thread