Notices
Ferrari GT Ferrari F12berlinetta, 612, 599, California, 575, & More Discussion Forum.

Chris Harris Sells Ferrari 599 Because it Was Too Expensive to Run and Maintain

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 01:39 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedEvo has a reputation beyond repute
I bet he's going to buy a 991 GT3 as his next car. Doesn't he also own an SLS and XKR?

Old 06-03-2013, 02:11 AM
Teamspeed Pro
iLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by alwin
"Ferraris are overrated." One of the most troll & ignorant comment of all time.
Originally Posted by Winchm60
and his signature says he's looking for a Challenge Stradale.
Maybe you guy's should read what else is in my signature.

I have grounds to say whatever I want, from experience.

Keep it moving

Old 06-03-2013, 02:25 AM
Teamspeed Pro
alwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond repute
What grounds?

Old 06-03-2013, 09:22 AM
Dafuq?? Why is there a Llama?
Scott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond reputeScott Davis has a reputation beyond repute
What grounds?
He said keep it moving dammit!

Old 06-03-2013, 09:42 AM
Teamspeed Pro
St_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished roadSt_Ex is on a distinguished road
What grounds?
Alwin it is true that Ferrari charges some things in astronomical prices. This doesn't mean that Ferrari is bad or doesn't do well the job. And except that in my opinion always, i don't thing that the GTB is better that the 4.0 RS.

Old 06-03-2013, 12:01 PM
Teamspeed's Official Brain Surgeon
brnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond repute
I have to admit it is the reasons outlined that I have held off buying a Ferrari. Almost all modern Ferrari's depreciate significantly. Now losing 30-40% of 150 k 911 is easier to swallow than same percentage of a 300k car.

Add in the added cost of maintenance, and for me it has been an equation I have not been willing to stomach. Now in the future that may change. Why??

The Ferrari's from prior to the 70's are extreme desirable, but those enzo era limited production cars are so valuable that they elude what I can invest. Modern era cars, are produced at such high levels that they depreciate significantly, to the point that they equalize based upon service and repair costs.

Thus when 458 and 599 are <100K, I could see biting the repair bullet, given that a well cared for car probably won't depreciate much more. Don't know this for a fact, but history of the more recent cars, think 355, 575 suggest this.

I have test driven 355, 360, 550, 575, and 456, but they were either too small for my 6'6" frame, or just not too my liking.

Old 06-03-2013, 12:09 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of
Alwin is a b.i.t.c.h

Old 06-03-2013, 02:00 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I kind of saw this coming and Chris Harris is too much of a purist driver to be happy with a GT car

Old 06-03-2013, 02:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
iLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond repute
What grounds?
Maybe the fact that I own a 430? Have had many issues? The fact that i'm not an Italian or Ferrari fan boy and i'm entitled to give my opinion and statement?

Old 06-03-2013, 04:51 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
G-man1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by iLLGT2
Agreed that he should've kept the 4.0 RS…

Ferrari's are overrated. point blank, and stupidly expensive to maintain
Ferrari>porsche.
I dont care about the numbers. if I cared about the numbers I would take a Nissan gtr, which owns porsche in every aspects. Also that annoying rIcer sound of the porsches v6 engines...They sound like the blenders lol
Ferrari has the name, has the looks... And main is that the pleasure of driving a Ferrari can not be compared with any other car.Especially with the expensive beetle.

Quick Reply: Chris Harris Sells Ferrari 599 Because it Was Too Expensive to Run and Maintain