Notices
Ferrari GT Ferrari F12berlinetta, 612, 599, California, 575, & More Discussion Forum.

Official: The New Ferrari F12berlinetta - Picture & Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 01:46 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Milanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond repute
I was wondering same thing about Ferrari not using CF. but here is one trick:

Ferrari is in Formula 1 & they know all issues of CF in extreme conditions.
More important is, that Ferrari might be considering other composite.
For example brand new composite Tegris, that seems way more superior than CF in all aspects of using & reciclyng

If you have time, you can inform yourself here more: Tegris: Thermoplastic composite takes on carbon fiber

Last edited by Milanno; 03-01-2012 at 01:50 PM.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:18 PM
d3a
Teamspeed Senior Member
d3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Ludas
^^ Ridiculous. While Ferrari is still hanging around in the last decade desperately trying to improve aluminium, Lambo keeps investing in CF r&d thus getting a bigger and bigger advantage. Aluminium will never be as light and rigid as CF...
I saw a title on Car mag Antony Sheriff criticized ferrari (Felisa words) about debate aluminium-carbon fiber on road cars.Someone has the article or can summarize?thanks

Old 03-01-2012, 04:21 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
sick looking! I'm in love, is perfect between classic and modern look!

Old 03-01-2012, 04:57 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
cmon guys...give em a break

you have to take in consideration that those are production cars and not one off pieces,so the production cost and followingly the price has to be kept as low as possible while offering the optimum for that price
all CF and lightweight aerospace grade material would skyrocket prices

On topic :

Great shots of the F12 in the flesh!
Def a head turner!

Old 03-01-2012, 05:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by diskreet
This new Ferrari does not compete with mid-engined Lambos with carbon frames.

Its a completely different car. For a super GT aluminum still works. Of course I'd prefer carbon but alum keeps costs down and let's them focus on more important things than 10/10ths performance- ride quality, NVH reduction, etc. The 599 might be silly fast but its not a race car, its a GT. This is the same; bonkers performance but still works on normal streets.

McLaren might be the only ones who have bridged the gap so far.
You are completely missing the point. Whether the F12 competes with the Aventador is of no relevance. The fact remains, CF is a superior material to aluminium for sport- or supercars since it's lighter and more rigid. Even if it's just a GT and not a racecar, it would still benefit from these two factors. And if using aluminium is keeping costs down I wonder where exactely those lower costs have gone.
I believe Lambo's investment in CF is gonna result in a bigger pay off further down the line than Ferrari's investments in aluminium.

Old 03-01-2012, 05:49 PM
Posts in the nude.
Mixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond repute

You are completely missing the point. Whether the F12 competes with the Aventador is of no relevance. The fact remains, CF is a superior material to aluminium for sport- or supercars since it's lighter and more rigid. Even if it's just a GT and not a racecar, it would still benefit from these two factors. And if using aluminium is keeping costs down I wonder where exactely those lower costs have gone.
I believe Lambo's investment in CF is gonna result in a bigger pay off further down the line than Ferrari's investments in aluminium.

Old 03-01-2012, 05:49 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Yeah and about the Ferrari GT's not being racing cars... Has he ever heard of something called the 599XX?

Old 03-01-2012, 05:56 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
R O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really niceR O B I N is just really nice
Originally Posted by DJ
Cleaned these up a tad for the orig. snapper...

That color is stunning !

Old 03-01-2012, 06:09 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
All that having been said.

I would drive that car like an expensive whore into the sunset! WhoooopeeeeeEEeeeeeeeEEEEEEeeeeeeee!!!!!!

seXXaayy!!

Old 03-01-2012, 06:32 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
It's nice, but I'm not blown away by it.

Quick Reply: Official: The New Ferrari F12berlinetta - Picture & Information Thread