Notices
Ferrari GT Ferrari F12berlinetta, 612, 599, California, 575, & More Discussion Forum.

Ferrari F620GT to be shown in Geneva

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 02:34 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Milanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond repute
599 GTO don't have & it will never have glory that had/have 288 GTO. I am not sure that he is on high priority list of true Ferrari collectors.

Maybe Ferrari will make real GTO with this new F620, that is worth keeping it in garage for next 20 years as example of amazing styling & superb engineering.

I just hope that this new model is really unique in any way!

Sorry for off, but cant help myself with models like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibsIZ...eature=related

Last edited by Milanno; 02-21-2012 at 02:39 PM.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Amzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Milanno
599 GTO don't have & it will never have glory that had/have 288 GTO. I am not sure that he is on high priority list of true Ferrari collectors.

Maybe Ferrari will make real GTO with this new F620...
Milano, the 288 GTO was the antecesor of the Ferrari F40. The 288 GTO was a supercar, not a GT. A GTO should be a supercar, not a GT. That's the reason why the 599 GTO is not a GTO. Any 599 is a GT, not a supercar. A GTO version could be a real GTO if it's based on a 458, for example. Sorry Ferrari, but try to understand your own history. Please Ferrari, don't use anymore a name like GTO to make a sportier version of a GT.

Nice video Milanno.

Last edited by Amzamus; 02-21-2012 at 03:00 PM.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:02 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Milanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Amzamus
Milano, the 288 GTO was the antecesor of the Ferrari F40. The 288 GTO was a supercar, not a GT. A GTO should be a supercar, not a GT. That's the reason why the 599 GTO is not a GTO. Any 599 is a GT, not a supercar. A GTO version could be a real GTO if it's based on a 458, for example. Sorry Ferrari, but try to understand your own history. Please Ferrari, don't use anymore a name like GTO to make a sportier version of a GT.
YES YES YES. I am sure we will see GTO on F620 too, so I mentioned that I hope they will make it at least way better than current GTO!
I dont like that trend at all, but it is what it is

Last edited by Milanno; 02-21-2012 at 03:05 PM.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:05 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
NGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really nice
Originally Posted by Amzamus

Nice video Milanno.
See, but the thing is GTO stands for Gran Turismo Omologata - so applying it to the 599 isn't entirely out of place, well, except for the omologata part obviously.

Old 02-21-2012, 03:08 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Ferrari 250 GTO
Class - Sports car

Ferrari 288 GTO
Class - Sports car

Ferrari 599 GTO
Class - Grand tourer

Last edited by Milanno; 02-21-2012 at 03:13 PM.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Amzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NGJR
See, but the thing is GTO stands for Gran Turismo Omologata - so applying it to the 599 isn't entirely out of place, well, except for the omologata part obviously.
It's more a question of history than a question of the meaning of the word GTO. The two original GTOs were masterpieces. This is a only another Ferrari, a very good car of course, but not a real unique thing.

Old 02-21-2012, 03:18 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
marchettino is a glorious beacon of lightmarchettino is a glorious beacon of lightmarchettino is a glorious beacon of lightmarchettino is a glorious beacon of lightmarchettino is a glorious beacon of lightmarchettino is a glorious beacon of lightmarchettino is a glorious beacon of lightmarchettino is a glorious beacon of lightmarchettino is a glorious beacon of lightmarchettino is a glorious beacon of lightmarchettino is a glorious beacon of light
Ferrari 250 GTO
Class - Sports car

Ferrari 288 GTO
Class - Sports car

Ferrari 599 GTO
Class - Grand tourer
Yes i don't find much sense to use the word " GTO " for the 599, ok it's extreme, but I don't see so much history and success like the 250 and the 288.

Old 02-21-2012, 03:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
YES YES YES. I am sure we will see GTO on F620 too, so I mentioned that I hope they will make it at least way better than current GTO!
I dont like that trend at all, but it is what it is
Only for tradition, they will put a different surname to the sportier version of the 620. But the substitute of the 620 is likely to be called GTO in its sportier version.

Old 02-21-2012, 03:38 PM
Banned
gmaccormack is an unknown quantity at this point
Calling a special edition of the new 620 a gto would have the same problem as the 599, no? The gto moniker should be saved for a road going version of a race car(winning race car preferably) IMO.

Old 02-21-2012, 03:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
^^^ This is the idea. gmaccormack, correct as always.

Last edited by Amzamus; 02-21-2012 at 03:43 PM.

Quick Reply: Ferrari F620GT to be shown in Geneva