Notices
Ferrari GT Ferrari F12berlinetta, 612, 599, California, 575, & More Discussion Forum.

Ferrari F620GT to be shown in Geneva

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 03:55 PM
Banned
gmaccormack is an unknown quantity at this point
Now if Ferrari races a version of the 620 or f70, then offered a road going special edition it wouldn't bother me if it was named gto.

Old 02-21-2012, 04:56 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gmaccormack
Now if Ferrari races a version of the 620 or f70, then offered a road going special edition it wouldn't bother me if it was named gto.
screw the naming drama...
I`d even drive the shit out of it if it was named Gmaccormack

Old 02-21-2012, 05:05 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Originally Posted by Milanno
599 GTO don't have & it will never have glory that had/have 288 GTO. I am not sure that he is on high priority list of true Ferrari collectors.

Maybe Ferrari will make real GTO with this new F620, that is worth keeping it in garage for next 20 years as example of amazing styling & superb engineering.
+1
Originally Posted by Amzamus
Milano, the 288 GTO was the antecesor of the Ferrari F40. The 288 GTO was a supercar, not a GT. A GTO should be a supercar, not a GT. That's the reason why the 599 GTO is not a GTO. Any 599 is a GT, not a supercar. A GTO version could be a real GTO if it's based on a 458, for example. Sorry Ferrari, but try to understand your own history. Please Ferrari, don't use anymore a name like GTO to make a sportier version of a GT.

Nice video Milanno.
Incorrect. The first GTO was the 250 GTO. Front engine V12. To say it must be mid-engined is silly. To be a GTO it must a homologation special for competition hence the "Gran Turismo Omologato". That is not what the 599 GTO is... The 599 GTO is simply a production special.

Originally Posted by gmaccormack
Calling a special edition of the new 620 a gto would have the same problem as the 599, no? The gto moniker should be saved for a road going version of a race car(winning race car preferably) IMO.
Yep... it's gotta be a homologation special. Ideally to be true to form it'd have to be unique.. a la 250 or the 288 which took styling from 308 but under the skin it was very, very different (steel tube chassis and so on).

Excited to see the new car for sure.

Old 02-21-2012, 05:50 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Damn that looks good. This is going to be a serious car.

Old 02-21-2012, 07:18 PM
Teamspeed Member
raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!raclaims You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I can't wait for this car
Dealer says mine will arrive 1 year after launch
It's gonna be a long wait!

Old 02-21-2012, 08:45 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by raclaims
I can't wait for this car
Dealer says mine will arrive 1 year after launch
It's gonna be a long wait!
We'll do our best to keep you filled with pics and info mate!

Old 02-21-2012, 10:00 PM
Teamspeed Member
SirSpeedy7 is just really niceSirSpeedy7 is just really niceSirSpeedy7 is just really niceSirSpeedy7 is just really niceSirSpeedy7 is just really niceSirSpeedy7 is just really niceSirSpeedy7 is just really niceSirSpeedy7 is just really niceSirSpeedy7 is just really niceSirSpeedy7 is just really niceSirSpeedy7 is just really nice
Ferrari has done a greta job keeping this thing on lock down! No leaks anywhere on the web at all!

Old 02-21-2012, 10:05 PM
Teamspeed Member
mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by SirSpeedy7
Ferrari has done a greta job keeping this thing on lock down! No leaks anywhere on the web at all!
agreed but the wait is killing me!!

Old 02-21-2012, 10:14 PM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
So for those of you who claim that the 599 GTO doesn't deserve the title, GTO. That it isn't special enough. Have you driven one or talked to the many owners who have said NOTHING but praise for the car?

Old 02-22-2012, 01:39 AM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
599 GTO is really special enough to deserve the title, I was driven by owner on a autobahn and it was a ride to remember for long.

Thing is that new car could eclipse it absolutely. At least bud of mine told he will not think long about trading GTO for F152. He also told that while GTO is amazing and very special, it is just not special enough to keep it in the garage just as a collector item.

Quick Reply: Ferrari F620GT to be shown in Geneva