Notices
Ferrari GT Ferrari F12berlinetta, 612, 599, California, 575, & More Discussion Forum.

Spied: The Ferrari 599 Successor (F152) Spotted Testing

Old 01-18-2012, 01:18 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to all
Hearing that the car will be smaller than the 599 (closer in size to the 458) with 725-750 BHP

Old 01-18-2012, 07:43 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
This car is going to have mind shattering performance for a GT.

Old 01-18-2012, 08:32 AM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MarkoRamius
Hearing that the car will be smaller than the 599 (closer in size to the 458) with 725-750 BHP
Where did you hear that? My only gripe with the 599 is its current size.

Old 01-18-2012, 12:27 PM
Teamspeed Member
mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!mkultra You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
From those preferred clientele who have claimed to see the finished product, they claim its presence is similar to the Alfa 8C.

Old 01-18-2012, 12:42 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Originally Posted by mkultra
From those preferred clientele who have claimed to see the finished product, they claim its presence is similar to the Alfa 8C.
That'd be kind of cool, recalling an SWB type set up.

Old 01-18-2012, 03:03 PM
WSC
Teamspeed Junior Member
WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!

I think there was a bit of a disconnect about the car's size. Someone who saw it said it was similar in appearance to the Alfa Romeo 8C, but his or her remarks were misinterpreted, and it seemed like he/she said the car was the same size as the 8C.

Judging by those pictures (and by how big the FF turned out to be), I'd say the F152 will be just as large as the 599.

Old 01-19-2012, 04:04 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to all
I just spoke to another friend at Ferrari. The car is a little larger than the California (so considerably smaller than the 599), and will push out 750bhp. The reduction in size is consistent with Ferrari's message of making it's cars smaller and lighter, but without compromising performance (yes, I know the FF could be considered a bit of a contradiction relative to the 612 Scaglietti). I will be seeing the car in person mid-February and can report back. But think about it -- 750 bhp in a car roughly the size of a Ferrari California -- if true, it will blow the Aventador into the weeds

Old 01-19-2012, 04:09 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
I am told the pictures are misleading and the car is actually just a shade larger than the California -- I am also told that they have gone nuts with active aerodynamics on the car

Old 01-19-2012, 05:23 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
JonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of lightJonnybravoM3 is a glorious beacon of light
Wish my bed could move and sound like that! lool. The camo is just tooooo funny!

Old 01-19-2012, 01:02 PM
WSC
Teamspeed Junior Member
WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!WSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I am told the pictures are misleading and the car is actually just a shade larger than the California -- I am also told that they have gone nuts with active aerodynamics on the car
Ah, okay. The Cali's a bit bigger than the 8C, so that seems a little more logical.

Running the numbers...so the California is 4.1 inches shorter, 2.3 inches narrower, and has a 3.2 inch shorter wheelbase than the 599 GTB. So I'm guessing the 599's replacement will be about 3 inches shorter and an inch and a half narrower than the outgoing car.