Notices

TeamSpeed Europe Meet & Drive 2010

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 11:56 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LABrit
See if you can get that other guy that that lives in LR to come with...that's if we are cool enough for him to be seen with!
I'll ask. We're having lunch today. But I wouldn't hold my breath. He's reigned in the cool factor some, but he's pretty busy with little ones and work. But you never know . . .

Old 11-05-2009, 01:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MexicoBlue
I'll ask. We're having lunch today. But I wouldn't hold my breath. He's reigned in the cool factor some, but he's pretty busy with little ones and work. But you never know . . .
Glad to hear he's alive though i must admit i am displeased with his absence.

Old 11-05-2009, 01:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond repute
I call shotgun in Jamie's 16M . . .

Old 11-05-2009, 01:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
Dammit! I knew we shouldn't have invited Russ! Shotgun seconds!

Old 11-05-2009, 03:28 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
I wonder how many people would make it to the road trip in the end...
the more the better!

One thing I just thought about is that German authorities have been getting pretty anal about larger gatherings of car enthusiasts lately...
don`t know why though..

Old 11-05-2009, 03:37 PM
Banned
Njave is infamous around these partsNjave is infamous around these partsNjave is infamous around these partsNjave is infamous around these partsNjave is infamous around these partsNjave is infamous around these partsNjave is infamous around these partsNjave is infamous around these partsNjave is infamous around these partsNjave is infamous around these partsNjave is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by LABrit
Nobody cares about either place.
Like we don't give a crap about people who are to self involved to give a thought that stereotypes are what brought us (as the whole world today) in this mess in the first place.

Originally Posted by jox
No, Croatia is gorgeous. Don't know anything about Slovenia though. Problem is that both of these countries are too far off from anything else most people want to do around Europe - Teh Riviera, the Alps or the Ring etc . . . .
Yeah that's the problem, but if you think that you are missing on some pretty wild entertainment, that's about 4hrs away from Germany, some 2hrs from Italy, you might consider getting here as a part of the trip. If not that, we can arrange in a reasonable time to get some of you guys over, so we can show you the roads, the towns, the Adriatic, the food and everything a true petrolhead needs.

Old 11-05-2009, 04:47 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Chris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant future
I thought this was dead in the water. Nice to see that its still on track and im definitely still keen.

Does any one remember that top gear episode where they go in search of the best driving roads in europe? I think Clarkson was in a Superleggera, Hammond in a GT3 RS and May in an Aston. Where is that road that they found in the end? I think we should make a detour round there, it looked epic!

Old 11-05-2009, 04:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris888
I thought this was dead in the water. Nice to see that its still on track and im definitely still keen.

Does any one remember that top gear episode where they go in search of the best driving roads in europe? I think Clarkson was in a Superleggera, Hammond in a GT3 RS and May in an Aston. Where is that road that they found in the end? I think we should make a detour round there, it looked epic!
Switzerland and Italy.

Old 11-05-2009, 05:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
mbolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 4Wheels
Switzerland and Italy.
Stelvio Pass. It's awesome - had my best driving experience on that thing, but any of the passes around it are close seconds so you wouldn't need to be picky...

Old 12-25-2009, 09:01 AM
ExO
Teamspeed Member
ExO has a spectacular aura aboutExO has a spectacular aura aboutExO has a spectacular aura aboutExO has a spectacular aura aboutExO has a spectacular aura aboutExO has a spectacular aura aboutExO has a spectacular aura aboutExO has a spectacular aura aboutExO has a spectacular aura aboutExO has a spectacular aura aboutExO has a spectacular aura about
It was the Stelvio Pass indeed, but take care of what road you take in the Alps in summer it might be full of cars, people etc.
Mbolo is 100% there are great roads everywhere there in the Alps, but if you remember well that Episode they often got stuck in the traffic ...

As for the French Alps, you might get some nice empty roads if they are going to the same direction as the highway The only problem is that as soon as you get out of the big roads you are stuck in very small roads for a long long time. But yeah, it's the goal of that Meet&Drive ^^

A bit norther of Monaco/Cannes/Antibes there are great roads used by the WRC, like the Col Du Turini. La Bollène-Vésubie -> Turini -> Moulinet -> Sospel is a great great piece of road ! Some of those roads might be quite clear at the time since the Highway is much more used

In Germany around the 'Ring there might be some cool roads in the Schwarzwald

I have a great tip for you guys about Germany. Try to be on the Highway as soon as possible like 4:30-5:30 AM At this time the Autobahn is nearly empty. Even by staying reasonable it's highly possible to push your cars 160MPH+
I remember coming back at Frankfurt Airport around 5 AM in April and while crusing at 120 MPH we had to get very fast to the right lane because a Ferrari came with a crazy speed and all we saw was a black hamman tuned rocket . He probably was 190+ MPH. The road aren't empty but with few few cars and all of them are big Audis etc. at full throttle

Eastern France although has some cool roads, and beautiful small towns but it's not exactly on your planning I suppose (shame, I live here, would be happy to see your group :P) but there are two nice garages around there : Auto-Salon-Singen in Singen (Germany) and R.Affolter in Porrentruy (Switzerland). They are truely amazing. The last one recently sold a Reventon Roadster, and they have an amazing collection !

If I can help you in any way tell me I'd be happy to help you if I can