Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

Evolution of a Detailing Board

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 12:55 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Smoothcab
Ladies and Gentlemen/The Master is in the house!! Moe, I relish the advise that you can give us aspiring wannabe detailers!! We may not be as good, to do it full-time, but it does not deminish our passions!! Strapping on the seatbelt for the ride!! Lets ROCK!!!
Thank you Kenny. Guys, the passion and desire to care for your cars is all you need. The rest is up to guys like me. By putting great products in your hand, teaching you how to use them, you're empowered to get excellent results. And if you don't have the time to do it, that's we're the service side of our business comes in. Either way, win-win for our community.

Old 02-03-2008, 02:50 AM
MrTheBadGuy
Control It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome aboard Moe!

Where are you located?

Mark

Old 02-03-2008, 05:49 AM
Dan98 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Moe,

Quick question: What do you recommend for the engine below:

I'm getting next week 1 gallon of Meguiars Super Degreaser and 1 gallon of Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner and some 303 Aerospace Protectant. I think you know them all. Not the best products but I've seen amazing results with them. How should I proceed for the engine pictured upper ? Should I try with the Meg. Super Degreaser and seal with 303 ? Or should I go just with Super Degreaser + All Purpose Cleaner ?

Old 02-03-2008, 09:41 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Control It
Welcome aboard Moe!

Where are you located?

Mark
Just updated that Mark...I'm in sunny Southern California where life's great

Old 02-03-2008, 09:50 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Dan98
Hi Moe,

Quick question: What do you recommend for the engine below:

I'm getting next week 1 gallon of Meguiars Super Degreaser and 1 gallon of Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner and some 303 Aerospace Protectant. I think you know them all. Not the best products but I've seen amazing results with them. How should I proceed for the engine pictured upper ? Should I try with the Meg. Super Degreaser and seal with 303 ? Or should I go just with Super Degreaser + All Purpose Cleaner ?
The Meguiar's products you have are pretty strong, but effective. Here's some tips:

1. Warm up your engine prior to hosing it down with water. This way, most of the water will turn into steam.

2. Use the Super Degreaser very sparingly. I'd dilute it down to 2 parts SD and 30 parts water. If it's too mild, you can always add more. If it's too strong to begin with, you've risked bleaching the plastic and rubber parts.

3. Once finished with the cleaning process, turn the engine back on and keep it running until most of the water has evaporated.

4. I'm not a huge fan of using dressings in the engine bay. I don't like the shiny look and I also don't care for the greasy mess it eventually makes when all the dirt gumms up on it over time. Mechanics have told me they hate it when working on an engine bay that gets their elbows and hands greasy from the dressing people put on all the plastic and rubber. So if you do want to use the 303, I'd suggest spraying the engine bay with a fine mist and going over everything with a microfiber towel to get rid of the excess. This will still give you the clean rich black look, without the greasy mess.

I hope this helps.

Old 02-03-2008, 10:19 AM
I'm not a fan either but I must do something with that engine. I'm planing to sell the car in a few months and a bit of cleaning down there would help. I'll try with the 303 first.

Thanks.

Old 02-03-2008, 10:57 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Dan98
I'm not a fan either but I must do something with that engine. I'm planing to sell the car in a few months and a bit of cleaning down there would help. I'll try with the 303 first.

Thanks.
303 is a protectant not a cleaner. Use the Meguiar's SD in the 2:30 ratio, then finish up with the 303. You'll be fine.

Old 02-03-2008, 05:08 PM
Ok got it now.

What do you think about this wet and dry vacuum

http://www.kaerchershop-gt.de/produc...cf149263c6d92b

I want to use it for just for my own car sometimes. Is it any good ? It's also cheap , I'll buy it locally for 55 EUR.

Oh and I also want your opinion on this one

http://www.kaerchershop-gt.de/produc...cf149263c6d92b

Many thanks

Old 07-21-2008, 12:33 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Ivan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to all
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
I think that's a great idea. We can work on a tour that would last a week and I think I could get 4-5 cars in. It would have to take a true enthusiast for me to come all the way out there to detail. I would entertain this for the guys on this board. I've spoke with Darren and know how passionate he is about TeamSpeed and its members and future success of the board. I like to keep that same level of care.
I was browsing the detailing forum and came across this... Moe, if you ever take the trip, make sure to pick me up in Chicago on the way... I've been called by a few friends of friends to NY and Atlanta so far, but no way of going for just a couple days for a detail... this would be an awesome experience man! I hope to do it one day in the near future.

Old 07-21-2008, 02:36 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
JoshVette is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by lecchilo
I was browsing the detailing forum and came across this... Moe, if you ever take the trip, make sure to pick me up in Chicago on the way... I've been called by a few friends of friends to NY and Atlanta so far, but no way of going for just a couple days for a detail... this would be an awesome experience man! I hope to do it one day in the near future.
That would be cool, can I come?? Have our own little detail fest......

Quick Reply: Evolution of a Detailing Board