Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

My BMW M3 Detail (96 images, full step-by-step)

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 09:31 PM
Teamspeed Member
EliteOne9002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks good I could see the relentless pursuit for perfection great job!!! you got my blessings

Old 06-30-2008, 11:22 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
I so understand re-doing the taping. That is when my OCD rears it's ugly head.

I salute your dedication.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:34 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
I'm very proud of the work and dedication you put into your new M3 Thomas Gunther never had it so good Great work on the taping. I couldn't really see what you started out with in the finish, but will assume the usuall microscratches and swirls were present. Excellent job on the interior. Glad everything worked out and thank you for allowing me to be a part of this whole experience

Old 07-02-2008, 10:08 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond repute
Is that the BoJangles in Knoxville?

Old 07-05-2008, 12:48 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Bluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the comments & support guys! I'd like to say I enjoyed the entire process, but that would be an understatement. There's something... almost therapeutic... about working on an automobile.

Originally Posted by MoeMistry
I'm very proud of the work and dedication you put into your new M3 Thomas Gunther never had it so good Great work on the taping. I couldn't really see what you started out with in the finish, but will assume the usuall microscratches and swirls were present. Excellent job on the interior. Glad everything worked out and thank you for allowing me to be a part of this whole experience
Thanks for the compliments; coming from you, they mean a lot. Anyhow, I apologize for the poor photographs - they really don't show what was present (a mixture of lighting & sloppy technique while shooting).

Granted, it wasn't very obvious to begin with, but getting it out (with minimal removal of the clearcoat) definitely helped bring out a shine.

Quick question regarding the application of Concours: you mentioned that a pea-sized amount will cover a rather decent surface area (half a hood + fender or so, generally). I realize that there are a lot of variables involved, but with that amount, I ended up seeing a very, very thin application. I assume that when I went through and buffed it out and later went over it with Field Glaze this "very, very thin application" became a nonissue (smoothing, etc.)?

Anyhow, I'll be working on the Aviator (finally) tomorrow . That's going to make for some rather startling before pictures!

Originally Posted by Minidhinkle
Is that the BoJangles in Knoxville?
That was right after the Tennessee/Virginia line (no more than ten-fifteen minutes at most). Sorry I didn't contact you while in Knoxville; we ended up arriving at around 10:30pm due to construction and traffic & left around seven in the morning.