Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

Tint in Atlanta

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 07:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Question Tint in Atlanta

So I picked up a 993 about six weeks ago, and due to the oppressive heat in Atlanta, the car's color (black), and its feeble AC, I'm interested in tinting the car in the next few weeks. I'm not a fan of the tinted "look" that is in favor with all the gangstas around town; I just want to keep the heat out, so I'm looking for someone in Atlanta who can apply relatively light or essentially clear if possible film. I also want to make sure the tint won't interfere with a Valentine One.

I already checked with TS sponsor Whitlock - as an aside, one of his guys detailed the car about a week ago, and it looked phenomenal (I was highly impressed) - and nothing jumped to mind for him.

Thanks.

Old 04-08-2012, 10:02 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone?

Old 04-08-2012, 11:38 AM
ljg
Teamspeed Pro
ljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Guest
Anyone?
Don't have a specific shop rec but go for ceramic like Huper Optik to keep out the heat and UV while not interfering with signals.

Old 04-08-2012, 01:29 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
PorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond repute
There's a shop on roswell road kind of close to lennox mall, i forget the name exactly (i think it may be Car Tunes). great shop. a friend of mine had tints and a sick sound system put in his gtr. they handle alot of high end cars and celeb clients so they might up the price a little bit. also, talk to jim ellis porsche. they have people who come in and put tints for clients (thats what they told me at least)

Old 04-08-2012, 03:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by PorscheBoy
There's a shop on roswell road kind of close to lennox mall, i forget the name exactly (i think it may be Car Tunes). great shop. a friend of mine had tints and a sick sound system put in his gtr. they handle alot of high end cars and celeb clients so they might up the price a little bit. also, talk to jim ellis porsche. they have people who come in and put tints for clients (thats what they told me at least)
Thanks; I have a friend (he's also a TS member) who works at Jim Ellis. I live within walking distance of the shop you're talking about - I'll check with them.

Really appreciate the help.

Old 04-08-2012, 04:26 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
PorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond repute
of course man i know how annoying the atl sun can be, i used to live there haha for a little while. hope you find the tint you're looking for and enjoy your 993 in good health!