Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

2011 Midnight Blue 997 Turbo New Car Prep

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 10:04 AM
TS Detailing Sponsor | California
Auto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant future
2011 Midnight Blue 997 Turbo New Car Prep

Completed recently in the shop, this beautiful Porsche Turbo is eight months old and needed some light correction along with dry trim and aftermarket wheels(Forgeline Centerlock Conversion) that are gloss black and had some marring.

During the wash/decon steps

Name:  new011.jpg
Views: 1289
Size:  3.42 MB

Name:  new012.jpg
Views: 758
Size:  3.36 MB

Sonax FE doing it's job.

Name:  new010.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  4.08 MB

Name:  new014.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  4.25 MB

The top surfaces and especially the rear of the car had some contaminates as the clay I am holding shows.

Name:  new038.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  3.68 MB

The vehicle did not have severe defects(As it was new) but there were sections that did need aggressive compounding to correct those defects, like here on the righ front quarter.

Name:  006.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  2.44 MB

Utilized Megs M101 and some new pads that are in development with Meguiars(Cannot give details at this time) to level the defects.

Name:  007.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  2.51 MB

Marring and a few RIDS on the rear wing.

Name:  new040.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  4.17 MB

Finish now level and free of marring.

Name:  new045.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  4.04 MB

Cluster of RIDS on drivers rear quarter.

Name:  new047.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  4.27 MB

Defects corrected, and the pad/buffer haze from the compounding was removed quickly on th next step (D330 cutting disc).

Name:  new048.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  4.08 MB

Some more marring.

Name:  new055.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  4.48 MB

Name:  new056.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  4.29 MB

Name:  new057.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  4.40 MB

Removing defects on the door edge(Lift makes this task much easier as I can position the vehicle exactly where needed).

Name:  011.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  3.12 MB

Vehicle finished down right before LSP was applied.

Name:  new060.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  3.12 MB

Name:  new061.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  3.92 MB

Name:  new062.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  4.14 MB

Applied CG "Lava Wax" as I was in LA recently and stopped by CG and Paul gave me some to try, applied to this car and my work truck and it is a great wax as it comes off very easily as advertised(Truth in advertising is rare lol)and it is in the starting line up for me as a go to LSP.

Name:  016.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  2.69 MB

Old 04-08-2012, 10:06 AM
TS Detailing Sponsor | California
Auto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant future
Sun pics to show of the "Tightness" of this beautiful "Twinnie".

Name:  new063.jpg
Views: 662
Size:  3.80 MB

Name:  new066.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  3.80 MB

Name:  new069.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  3.69 MB

Interior was "As new" so no before and after pics required.

Name:  new068.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  3.73 MB

Name:  new064.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  4.15 MB

Customer leaving the shop with the "Show and go", next up is his new to him Ford GT Grey with stripe delete and over 700HP.

Name:  new071.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  4.01 MB

Old 04-08-2012, 10:08 AM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Car is nice, those might be the worst looking wheels I have ever seen on a 997. The centerlock cap sticks out like a 1970's curb feeler on a Caddy.

Old 04-08-2012, 10:12 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Terrible wheels, but I am digging midnight blue.

Old 04-08-2012, 10:12 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!akiruno You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Hopefully those are just the winter setup

Old 04-08-2012, 01:48 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Marc
Car is nice, those might be the worst looking wheels I have ever seen on a 997. The centerlock cap sticks out like a 1970's curb feeler on a Caddy.
I agree 100%

Old 04-08-2012, 02:10 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Marc
X2

Old 04-08-2012, 02:25 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
but why the wheeeeelllssss

Old 04-08-2012, 02:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond repute
I've never seen worse wheels on a .2 turbo. Just plain horrible.

Nice detail work though.

Old 04-08-2012, 03:01 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Those wheels...

Quick Reply: 2011 Midnight Blue 997 Turbo New Car Prep