Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

Lamborghini Diablo SV - Correction by Oakes

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 06:11 PM
Teamspeed Member
Oakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really nice
Lamborghini Diablo SV - Correction by Oakes

A rare Lamborghini Diablo SV has come from our good friends up at Fabspeed Motorsports after they did some exhaust and tuning modifications. This bull is loud!

The car came in fairly clean, but definitely showed some need for a proper correction and protection. The paint, while healthy, is also now 14 years old and in order to save it from unecessary correction and buffing later on, I protected this Bull with two layers of CQuartz ceramic coating.

The process on this Lambo took approximately 23 hours in total, the front end did not need correcting because it was wrapped in both clear film and matte vinyl. The tricky engine bonnet took up the time saved on the front end however!

A few photos of the paint before correction

Here are some 50/50 correction progress photos

Corrected Paint photos before any LSP was added

Reflection Photos

Finished Profile Photos

A few photos with our resident door raiser inside!

- Look forward to another thread of these two beasts out on the road for a photoshoot together -

As always, thanks for looking! Feedback welcome and appreciated!

Nick Oakes

Old 02-22-2012, 08:04 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Smoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond repute
WOW! Excellent work!! 23 hours!!! It definitely shows. I wish you guys were near me! I have a black GT3 and an orange Murci that I just can't get off my arse to do the full-deal. I've hit all the black on the Murci (the engine lid does suck), which helped a ton. You guys do excellent work! Thanks for sharing!

Old 02-23-2012, 05:19 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mietek23 has a reputation beyond reputeMietek23 has a reputation beyond reputeMietek23 has a reputation beyond reputeMietek23 has a reputation beyond reputeMietek23 has a reputation beyond reputeMietek23 has a reputation beyond reputeMietek23 has a reputation beyond reputeMietek23 has a reputation beyond reputeMietek23 has a reputation beyond reputeMietek23 has a reputation beyond reputeMietek23 has a reputation beyond repute
Great job guys! Love the 50/50 shots, they make the difference even more visible.

Old 02-23-2012, 03:40 PM
Teamspeed Member
Oakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really niceOakes is just really nice
Thank you both, appreciate it! The GT3 is a personal favorite over here Smoky. Hope you can get around to getting those cars pretty, as if they need it anyway!

Here is a video of David from Fabspeed showing off the exhaust note with some flames!

Fabspeed Lamborghini Diablo SV shooting flames - YouTube