Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

2012 Porsche Cayenne Turbo New Car Prep

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 09:34 AM
TS Detailing Sponsor | California
Auto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant future
2012 Porsche Cayenne Turbo New Car Prep

Recently completed, this beautiful Cayenne Turbo was purchased for a new clients wife as a daily driver(You could do alot worse.....imo) and speced the car nicely. Originally the client came in for a estimate but due to a booked schedule I did the car after a "Skakedown cruise" to the southwest so the vehicle came back nice and dirty.

Vehicle before wash/decon steps carried out, would clean out "Some Grand Canyon dirt".

Removing Arizona dirt from the carpeted wheel wells and cleaning the wheels.

After the vehicle was brought into the shop I performed the claying step, and found very little fallout except on the rear of the vehicle. Pre cleanup of the interior.

There was some "Jean transfer" on the bolster of the seats.

Stripped the tires of all previous dressing and built up dirt.

Tough dirt build up on the lower rockers.

Same area during cleaning.

Front underpan had water spot etch and dirt build up.

After cleaning.

All the lower trim was cleaned, then dressed.

Matte dressing applied.

Interior needed little, great quality in the current model trim on Porsches.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:35 AM
TS Detailing Sponsor | California
Auto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant future
A few sun pics of the "Jet black metallic finish".

All in all the vehicle was in good shape, as many "New cars" are damaged badly and this vehicle has started out on the right foot as the owner asked many questions on how to keep the vehicle in "As new " condition where only maintenance details are required as opposed to major paint correction details that are costly and totally not needed if maintenance is carried out in a timely manner.

Old 01-11-2012, 11:59 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
slik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura about
Outstanding work as always. Also good to know the owner is attentive to the care of the car.

I've never understood the rationale of putting a carpet-like covering in the wheel wells. Doesn't Aston-M do this as well? It just seems contrary to logic.

Old 01-12-2012, 06:35 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by slik560
Outstanding work as always. Also good to know the owner is attentive to the care of the car.

I've never understood the rationale of putting a carpet-like covering in the wheel wells. Doesn't Aston-M do this as well? It just seems contrary to logic.
Little stones and dirt hitting plastic wheel wells make noise you hear inside. Carpet like wheel wells don't.

OT: very nice Cayenne TT and shining like it should!

Old 01-12-2012, 11:22 AM
MrV
Teamspeed Member
MrV will become famous soon enoughMrV will become famous soon enoughMrV will become famous soon enoughMrV will become famous soon enoughMrV will become famous soon enoughMrV will become famous soon enoughMrV will become famous soon enoughMrV will become famous soon enoughMrV will become famous soon enough
Really nice job there, stunning!

Old 02-03-2012, 07:30 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
vyper340 is an unknown quantity at this point
1. First off, GREAT work and displays of superior quality and care here and on the site in general!!
2. Second, I wish you were located anywhere near me as this is the kind of attention to detail and quality that I miss!
3. Third, I have a Cayenne Turbo like this but in Meteor Gray Metallic with Platinum Gray interior. I am experiencing some "jean transfer" and "wear" on the thigh bolster similar to what yo show in your pictures. Typically I have used Lexol on my cars for cleaning and preventative care even though it did not help much on the BMW's and now it seems the CTT will have a similar issue of apparent wear from entering/exiting the seat. What can, if anything, can be done to prevent or reduce the damage that seems to be done to the leather/seat?
4. What/why is there a blue pad that seems to contain the dirt when you wash down the cars in your photo's? Is it a "California thing"??

Last edited by vyper340; 02-03-2012 at 07:31 AM.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:38 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
vyper340 is an unknown quantity at this point
The wear on the seat is similar (but less) than this pic wear from this post (almost at end of first page)
Multiple 2011 Cayenne Turbo Issues - 6speedonline.com Forums