Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

2008 Audi RS4 Restorative Correction

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 01:28 AM
TS Detailing Sponsor | California
Auto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant future
2008 Audi RS4 Restorative Correction

New client sought me out as he picked up a pre-owned RS4, upon inspection I knew the vehicle was going to need quite a bit to bring it back but the process was slowed due to a injury(Tweaked shoulder doing the Range Rover before it) so I brought in Jeff @ Imacculate Reflections to help me out to finish the task.

Pics as the car was brought in.

Upon inspection(After cleaning one wheel) the wheels had been "Repaired" with the hackness.................brake dust sprayed over with clear trapping the dirt and brake dust so the wheels were sent out for re-spray.

During the paint correction step, readings like this gave me pause.................proceed with caution.

Water spot etch along with deep RIDS and marring.

Pic tells the story.

Marring on lower rocker area.

Looking good.

Deep scratch on the rear bumper.

Readings taken to see how much was there to work with................not much.

Repaired bumper after.

Rear right quarter with a cluster of deep marring, area had enough clear for sanding step.

Area "As new" again.

More defects.

After.

Deep marring.

Old 12-11-2011, 01:30 AM
Auto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant future
A few RIDS had to stay as the readings were 90 microns or less.

Hub mounting surface had built up rust so I borrowed a dremel from Alek @ Alekshop and repaired this area for a better seat of the wheel upon remounting the wheels.

The "Carpets" in the wheel well were hammered with built up dried crust and on one shroud road paint.

After.

Caliper polished and sealed.

Wheels back from painting.

Remounted and now "Certified tightness".

Jeff polishing rear quarter.

Upgraded valve caps for the wheels.

My favorite..........water spot etch in the jambs.

After much effort.............................removed(lol).

A few interior pics.

Jeff and I were working fast to meet the delivery(Finally...) deadline and almost did not get sun pics.

Old 12-11-2011, 02:55 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nice
tightness

Old 12-13-2011, 08:45 AM
Originally Posted by bmw power
tightness

It is..............(lol), thank you for noticing.

Old 12-13-2011, 10:21 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond reputeGregV has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, great work once again!