Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

1930 Ford Model A : Presidential Details car detailing in Lancaster PA

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 09:55 PM
TS Detailing Sponsor | Northeast
PresidentialDetails is a name known to allPresidentialDetails is a name known to allPresidentialDetails is a name known to allPresidentialDetails is a name known to allPresidentialDetails is a name known to allPresidentialDetails is a name known to allPresidentialDetails is a name known to allPresidentialDetails is a name known to allPresidentialDetails is a name known to allPresidentialDetails is a name known to allPresidentialDetails is a name known to all
1930 Ford Model A : Presidential Details car detailing in Lancaster PA

Hello everyone been a while since I did some posting. I haven't had much time. I have been really busy over the last few weeks. I've been lucky to hire some great guys to help me in the shop. Things are really looking upward for the future of Presidential Details. I have some huge plans for the up coming year if all goes well. Anyway to day I present to you a Detail on a 1930 Ford Model A. I did this one several weeks back. PLease excuse my personal appearence, prior to this car I had done like 6 others by myself this week. I started late on this and finished up the next day! This was a nice treat to work on.

How the car was presented to us. Very clean just dusty.

At first I wanted to do a complete wetsand on this, but with very low numbers on the Paint Thickness Gauge, I just couldn't jeopordize the future of this car. In the long run I'm glad I didn't sand it. The car ended up looking like a new car from the 30's and not a super glossy car from our era. A job like this is humbling for me. Im so use to trying to raise a certain standard in gloss, and it was not easy to try and keep this one to its origanal patina. Anyway some of thickness readings. :shocked

A little on the scary side with those readings. Anyways I pullded the car into the wash bay and started with just the tires and wheels. I didn't want to wash the entire car. My goal was just remove some of the drive dust around the lower portionof the car. I used Adam's Car was and a sponge with the old garden hose for this.

Once this was done I moved it into the detail area and began to mist the car down and wipe it clean. Then I claybared the paint and clean the entire area with prep solvent. I had to remove all previous waxes and such.

The paint had some heaving orange peel as expected in older paints. It was full of sand marks and swirls. In general it was not show quality at this point.

Here I was compounding using the Kevin Brown Method with M105 and PC7424. Then followed by a polishing with 205.

Fast foward a little after a wipedown to remove the polishig oils I used Adams Americana for the final wax.

All rubber was treated with Adams VRT Dressing which left the tires with a nice matte look to them.

All the brightwork such as chrome,nickel, stainless was polished with White Diamond metal polish.

Adams A.P.C was used to clean the floorboards and a fw other area's. It works. The microfiber was from just half the floor board.

After the final wipe down. Paint looked pretty crisp and swirl free.

It was some time to do some final outside inspection and wipedowns prior to picture time and the owners arrival!

Some final pictures of the Presidential Touch

Myself and the happy owner. What a great car this was. Have a great day. Thaks for veiwing my work.

Old 11-14-2010, 11:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
mannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond repute
Beautiful

Old 11-14-2010, 11:55 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Greg Nichols Reflections is an unknown quantity at this point
You did a great job there Barry!

Cheers,
GREG

Old 11-15-2010, 07:54 AM
Banned
TOGWT is an unknown quantity at this point
Great detail....as always