Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

2008 Porsche GT3 New-Car Detail: TS Member chardonet

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 07:17 AM
Banned
DrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond repute
amazing work as usual Moe, stunning "detail"

Old 04-16-2008, 09:43 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DrivenAgain
amazing work as usual Moe, stunning "detail"
Thank you Sir

Old 05-05-2008, 07:06 PM
DAM
Teamspeed Member
DAM is an unknown quantity at this point
Great write up, I never knew dealers could do so much damage to new cars.

Old 05-05-2008, 10:25 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DAM
Great write up, I never knew dealers could do so much damage to new cars.
Glad you liked the writeup. Unfortunately, that's the perils of a dealership. No one is going to care for your car better than you or a detailer that is passionate about his work and cars

Old 05-16-2008, 10:31 AM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
Moe, great job but if you don't mind, it really would look better if you were to take the pictures outside in the daytime to really show the difference in how your detailing turns out. The indoor pictures really doesn't do it justice, can't see anything.

Old 05-16-2008, 10:54 AM
Teamspeed's Official Shaikh
CondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond repute
Moe as always thanks for the pictures and BTW the box is here

Old 05-16-2008, 10:55 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by atomic80
Moe, great job but if you don't mind, it really would look better if you were to take the pictures outside in the daytime to really show the difference in how your detailing turns out. The indoor pictures really doesn't do it justice, can't see anything.
My friend, I got there at 10 AM and finished around 11:30 PM; it was cold and rainy and I was the only one there. The sales guys were gone, detail guys were gone, etc. It took me that long because I spent about 2 hours or so just trying to drive and find a new battery for my camera. It died half way and I couldn't go without taking this write-up half way w/ pictures. This was the best photography I could do and it sucked because the car looked really great. If you look at the hood shot with the flash, you can get a clear idea of the condition of the paint. I purposely shoot with the flash because it doesn’t hide anything; specially on a black car. There were some areas I had to come back to like the mirrors and a spot on the hood, but other than that, the car was as close to perfect as you can get. Most people know by now I don't do trick shots, like shoot before-pictures with a flash and sunlight, but after-pictures have no flash and are under shade, etc. I was pretty bummed that I couldn't take these shots during the day. The client now has clear film over the whole car so it's tough to give you a true depiction of what the paint looks like. I assure you though, if it has my name on it, it's done right.

Old 05-16-2008, 10:56 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by CondorCGT
Moe as always thanks for the pictures and BTW the box is here
Very cool....are you in Bahrain yet, if not, I've got the flex You want me to send it?

Old 05-16-2008, 11:00 AM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
My friend, I got there at 10 AM and finished around 11:30 PM; it was cold and rainy and I was the only one there. The sales guys were gone, detail guys were gone, etc. It took me that long because I spent about 2 hours or so just trying to drive and find a new battery for my camera. It died half way and I couldn't go without taking this write-up half way w/ pictures. This was the best photography I could do and it sucked because the car looked really great. If you look at the hood shot with the flash, you can get a clear idea of the condition of the paint. I purposely shoot with the flash because it doesn’t hide anything; specially on a black car. There were some areas I had to come back to like the mirrors and a spot on the hood, but other than that, the car was as close to perfect as you can get. Most people know by now I don't do trick shots, like shoot before-pictures with a flash and sunlight, but after-pictures have no flash and are under shade, etc. I was pretty bummed that I couldn't take these shots during the day. The client now has clear film over the whole car so it's tough to give you a true depiction of what the paint looks like. I assure you though, if it has my name on it, it's done right.
Understood, I have no doubt about your work and its quality, I was just offering some suggestions.

Old 05-16-2008, 11:05 AM
Teamspeed's Official Shaikh
CondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MoeMistry
Very cool....are you in Bahrain yet, if not, I've got the flex You want me to send it?
I am still here please send it thanks

Quick Reply: 2008 Porsche GT3 New-Car Detail: TS Member chardonet