Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

2008 Porsche GT3 New-Car Detail: TS Member chardonet

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 11:32 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tractorcrusher
Holy crap those daytime pictures really show off the high-quality detail... That car should be a display car for Porshe now!
Thanks

Old 06-25-2008, 02:18 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
dwendell01 is an unknown quantity at this point
You say that the paint was 'polished' with HD cleanse. Hd Cleanse is not a polish. It is a glaze that fills micro-scratches (or swirls). It is adding oils to the paint that fill the imperfections... If there were any imperfections that if you wipe the paint with a prep-sol then the imperfections will still be there.

Old 06-28-2008, 07:51 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dwendell01
You say that the paint was 'polished' with HD cleanse. Hd Cleanse is not a polish. It is a glaze that fills micro-scratches (or swirls). It is adding oils to the paint that fill the imperfections... If there were any imperfections that if you wipe the paint with a prep-sol then the imperfections will still be there.
HD Cleanse is a pre-wax cleanser. It has no correcting abilities when it comes to deep swirls and scratches, but this particular GT3 had nothing to correct. It was swirl-free since no one had touched it. And as far as hd filling things, there are times where that's all that's needed to give the finish a swirl-free look. If I can avoid machine polishing a car that has never been machine polished, hd cleanse is just the right product to remove fine scratches from washing and filling in moderate swirls. I then follow up with a wax that I know will last 3-8 months, depending on the wax chosen. That's just my philosophy. Not every car is a candidate for paint correction, which IS removing clear coat.

Old 07-06-2008, 11:23 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
So how is the car holding up after a few months ?

Old 07-07-2008, 01:28 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
chardonet has a spectacular aura aboutchardonet has a spectacular aura aboutchardonet has a spectacular aura aboutchardonet has a spectacular aura aboutchardonet has a spectacular aura aboutchardonet has a spectacular aura aboutchardonet has a spectacular aura aboutchardonet has a spectacular aura aboutchardonet has a spectacular aura aboutchardonet has a spectacular aura aboutchardonet has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by DJ
So how is the car holding up after a few months ?
The Premier clear wrap is holding up great to LA and OC freeway driving. I am seeing some minor scratches here and there, so I will try HD Cleanse on it. Also, tried the heat gun on bug stains, and it comes right off.

Old 07-09-2008, 03:39 PM
Banned
SRTaste is an unknown quantity at this point
how much would a detail job like this set you back? and how far is aliso viejo from LA?

Old 07-11-2008, 11:05 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by SRTaste
how much would a detail job like this set you back? and how far is aliso viejo from LA?
On this particular GT3, I believe we charged $685. That's about .05% of the car's value and an excellent investment to start the foundation of a proper car care.

Old 07-11-2008, 12:41 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
chardonet has a spectacular aura aboutchardonet has a spectacular aura aboutchardonet has a spectacular aura aboutchardonet has a spectacular aura aboutchardonet has a spectacular aura aboutchardonet has a spectacular aura aboutchardonet has a spectacular aura aboutchardonet has a spectacular aura aboutchardonet has a spectacular aura aboutchardonet has a spectacular aura aboutchardonet has a spectacular aura about
Kudos to Moe. Very happy with the new car detail, and I think of it as an inital investment on the car. As stated previously, it was essential that the foundation for the car be done properly for the 100% clear film wrap.

Old 07-12-2008, 12:25 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by chardonet
Kudos to Moe. Very happy with the new car detail, and I think of it as an inital investment on the car. As stated previously, it was essential that the foundation for the car be done properly for the 100% clear film wrap.
Thanks Glad to hear she's holding up nicely. Now let's see the pics with those new Dymags.

Old 07-13-2008, 07:25 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
bigman is an unknown quantity at this point
Moe I've seen a few of your new car preps- which I really enjoy- I know the AM new car involved some correction if I remember correctly- but I was wondering if you are going to post any of your daily correction details- I'm sure many others on here would enjoy them too!

Quick Reply: 2008 Porsche GT3 New-Car Detail: TS Member chardonet