Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

Mercedes ML-63 Correction & Detail

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 09:58 AM
TS Detailing Sponsor | California
Auto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant future
Mercedes ML-63 Correction & Detail

This vehicle belongs to a good client of mine who USUALLY gets his cars to me as soon as he aquires them......(lol) but this is what happens when you wait a year and a half(as the saying goes "you can pay me now, or pay me later").

Here is 1.5 years worth of crud and marring, but this story has a happy ending.

Grill was marred and riddled with hard water spots.

"B" pillars were in need of major correction.

Interior was dirty as well.

Started with the interior first as I had no shade at the time the vehicle was brought in to complete the wash.

I spent a considerable amount of time on small details such as the door jambs, here is some cosmoline and built up dirt.

Agitating.

Following with steam.

Same area after correction.

Thorough wash and clay procedure to follow, speaking of clay there was quite a bit of fallout on the vehicle displayed by the amount on the clay bar.

After the wash was completed,it was time to tackle the hard water etch problem.

Taped up for 50/50 pics.

Making progress.

Entire window corrected.

As I like to tackle the harder parts of the correction first, I next moved onto the "B" pillars.

Close pic shows amount of marring, I would spend over an hour a side.

Old 05-11-2010, 10:11 AM
TS Detailing Sponsor | California
Auto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant future
ML-63 Correction cont........

On the silver finish it was hard to capture the marring evident, the semi-chrome body trim though tells the story.

Wheels were scratched up pretty good as well.

After correction.

The finish corrected.

After interior shots.

Sun pics.

Remember the wheels?????

Before "B" pillars.

After.

LSP on this vehicle was Menzerna Power Lock/collonite 915 courtesy of Phil @ Detailers Domain.....thanks Phil.

Old 05-11-2010, 10:13 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
That's ridiculous, that truck wasn't this clean when it left the factory! Whoa.

Old 05-11-2010, 12:21 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Richie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud of
Hammeredness to tightness!

Old 05-11-2010, 01:54 PM
Banned
bmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond repute
Damn Bob!! Impressive.

Old 05-11-2010, 02:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond repute
loved the detail!

Old 05-11-2010, 02:33 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
slik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura aboutslik560 has a spectacular aura about
Wunderbar! Good as new!!