Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

E46 M3 detailed by MPM

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 05:11 PM
TS Detail Sponsor | Illinois
Mike@MPM_Detailing has much to be proud ofMike@MPM_Detailing has much to be proud ofMike@MPM_Detailing has much to be proud ofMike@MPM_Detailing has much to be proud ofMike@MPM_Detailing has much to be proud ofMike@MPM_Detailing has much to be proud ofMike@MPM_Detailing has much to be proud ofMike@MPM_Detailing has much to be proud ofMike@MPM_Detailing has much to be proud ofMike@MPM_Detailing has much to be proud ofMike@MPM_Detailing has much to be proud of
E46 M3 detailed by MPM

Owner of the car drove thru some kind of a road spill or construction zone and the whole lower part of the car was covered with white spots. I'm still wondering what it was, because i've used all my arsenal of products and clays and couldn't get it off, so i had to wet sand those spots.

Wash:
Chemical guys Citrus wash
p21s total wash

Wheels
p21s wheel gel
Swissvax Autobahn
p21s total wash for tires and wheel wells
Swissvax Pneu for tires
Adam's undercarriage spray

Glass
Lusso glass polish

Trim
Black Wow
Adam's VRT

Correction
3M 2000grit sandpaper- heavy spot sanding
Menzerna Power Gloss- purple foamed wool pad- sanded areas
Menzerna SIP with orange pad-sanded areas
Menzerna 106ff with white pad- sanded areas
Menzerna Power Finish with green pad- whole car
Autobalm wax

Tools
Swissvax detail brush and wheel brush
Adam's clay
Makita 9227c
LC purple foamed wool,orange,white and green pads
different brushes
tons of microfiber clothes

Before:
here you can see those spots

Rest of the car before:

Wash:

More imperfections
Notice the lack of gloss and clarity and swirls

Wet sanded parts:

Hood: upper part just sanded and lower part after power gloss

Old 04-14-2010, 05:12 PM
Mike@MPM_Detailing has much to be proud ofMike@MPM_Detailing has much to be proud ofMike@MPM_Detailing has much to be proud ofMike@MPM_Detailing has much to be proud ofMike@MPM_Detailing has much to be proud ofMike@MPM_Detailing has much to be proud ofMike@MPM_Detailing has much to be proud ofMike@MPM_Detailing has much to be proud ofMike@MPM_Detailing has much to be proud ofMike@MPM_Detailing has much to be proud ofMike@MPM_Detailing has much to be proud of
Some AFTER photos

Swirl free

It was cloudy when i was done with the car so i don't have any good sun shoots

Last edited by Mike@MPM_Detailing; 04-14-2010 at 05:27 PM.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:23 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputeDamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Mix lacquer thinner and mineral spirits 50/50. Test a spot under the hood. C-A-R-E-F-U-L-L-Y do a spot once and move to another. I've done it before with good success but some of that road paint is like concrete.

Old 04-14-2010, 09:02 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
What a winter mess huh Mike! Great work and thanks for sharing, good to see you finally posting, keep it up!

Old 04-14-2010, 10:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Raz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond repute
Wet Sanding every one of those spots must have taken forever! Great job and patience!

Old 04-15-2010, 12:20 AM
Thanks guys. Apreciate good words. Yeah the whole car was a mess and it took me about 20 hours to complete the detail. AS i always say- "Perfection is in the Details" and in patience in that case