Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

SOS!!!! Deatilers Please Help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 08:33 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ambleZ06 has a reputation beyond reputeambleZ06 has a reputation beyond reputeambleZ06 has a reputation beyond reputeambleZ06 has a reputation beyond reputeambleZ06 has a reputation beyond reputeambleZ06 has a reputation beyond reputeambleZ06 has a reputation beyond reputeambleZ06 has a reputation beyond reputeambleZ06 has a reputation beyond reputeambleZ06 has a reputation beyond reputeambleZ06 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by phil@detailersdomain
what do you have on hand do you have a flex tool?

yes you can do it yourself with the the right tools.
No I don't. Basically I would probably need everything (tools, polishes, wax, etc.) With the proper guidance I feel that I can do this. I am patient, and I pick things up quickly.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:43 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Phil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond reputePhil Y has a reputation beyond repute
this would be a good kit, take a look at the flex kit and video

http://www.detailersdomain.com/theul...3401vrkit.aspx

Old 01-25-2010, 01:33 PM
TS Detailing Sponsor | California
Auto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Ced
Those aren't scratches
You need some compound and a polish. Don't mess with it if you don't know how to do it, leave it to a pro.

Those sure look like scratches to me.

Old 01-26-2010, 12:33 PM
Teamspeed Member
Envious Eric will become famous soon enoughEnvious Eric will become famous soon enoughEnvious Eric will become famous soon enoughEnvious Eric will become famous soon enoughEnvious Eric will become famous soon enoughEnvious Eric will become famous soon enoughEnvious Eric will become famous soon enough
its not a cleaning detail, it a paint correction detail! Lets not confuse the two!

as stated above, you will need a polisher, compound, polish, pad, proper towels, might as well clay the whole thing, wax, TIME, and a good attitude!

This business isnt for those looking for a quick fix so if you arent up for 10 hours of polishing, leave it to a pro! If its not something you are going to want to keep doing non other cars, no sense in buying all the products to do it yourself and spend the time doing it (possibly half assed if you havent before). If that is the case, might as well shell out the 400-500 to have the whole car compounded and polished properly compared to 350 or so for all the goodies!!! whats your time worth?

Old 01-26-2010, 11:56 PM
Auto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Envious Eric
its not a cleaning detail, it a paint correction detail! Lets not confuse the two!

as stated above, you will need a polisher, compound, polish, pad, proper towels, might as well clay the whole thing, wax, TIME, and a good attitude!

This business isnt for those looking for a quick fix so if you arent up for 10 hours of polishing, leave it to a pro! If its not something you are going to want to keep doing non other cars, no sense in buying all the products to do it yourself and spend the time doing it (possibly half assed if you havent before). If that is the case, might as well shell out the 400-500 to have the whole car compounded and polished properly compared to 350 or so for all the goodies!!! whats your time worth?
Eric,

The gentleman asked for advice on how to do it himself and you are trying to talk him out of buying products from Phil a (paying sponsor). If he were interested in having a pro do it I am sure he would have asked for help in this regard in finding a detailer in his region.

Old 01-27-2010, 01:03 AM
Teamspeed Member
Envious Eric will become famous soon enoughEnvious Eric will become famous soon enoughEnvious Eric will become famous soon enoughEnvious Eric will become famous soon enoughEnvious Eric will become famous soon enoughEnvious Eric will become famous soon enoughEnvious Eric will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Auto Concierge
Eric,

The gentleman asked for advice on how to do it himself and you are trying to talk him out of buying products from Phil a (paying sponsor). If he were interested in having a pro do it I am sure he would have asked for help in this regard in finding a detailer in his region.
where did it say that I was trying to do that??? And why would I when I buy 1/2 my supplies from Phil?

And based on this post from the OP

Originally Posted by ambleZ06
I would like to (I am one of those types that likes to do it myself). However, if it is too much please let me know.

Thanks so much for the helpful replies.
it may or may not be a little over his head...do you know his expertise level in this matter???

Old 01-27-2010, 01:22 AM
No I don't. Basically I would probably need everything (tools, polishes, wax, etc.) With the proper guidance I feel that I can do this. I am patient, and I pick things up quickly.
Eric.............. here you go.

Old 01-27-2010, 01:25 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
You guys have both made your points known.

Let's not let this get nasty.

Old 01-27-2010, 01:34 AM
Teamspeed Member
I would like to (I am one of those types that likes to do it myself). However, if it is too much please let me know.

Thanks so much for the helpful replies.
bob.....here you go (again)

To the OP, if you want to take on the job, have at it...I am just telling you that it WILL be a long endeavor for someone just learning, it WILL cost you more than having a pro come out to do it (already has supplies, knowledge, experience), and it WILL come out better (in most cases) if you have a pro do it!

I have no reason to tell you not to do it yourself, I dont know why BOB insinuated that idea. Its not like I was telling you not to and to have me detail the car instead...heck, you are in Texas, not exactly around the corner!

Old 02-03-2010, 10:01 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by phil@detailersdomain
this would be a good kit, take a look at the flex kit and video

http://www.detailersdomain.com/theul...3401vrkit.aspx
X2 I have this kit, works well Phil