Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

Need Help/Understanding

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 12:10 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
godoman is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Need Help/Understanding

Got my first batch of concorso today and polished off to panels on my car. one was the driver's side front panel and the trunk. after polishing both with menzerna 85rd using a pc with white lcc ccs pad, went straight to applying the concorso.

now it has been three and a half hours, I have been checking up on the panels now to see if it shines more as it cures. so far nothing really special like I was looking for.

I did this to my 2002 honda s2000, black.

is there something that I am missing here? was I expecting too much? there is a little bit more depth. should I have applied some FMJ first and then applied the concorso?

please help, any feedback, insight would be greatly appreciated. want to learn to master using these products and am starting to realize have a long way to go.

marcus

Old 06-04-2009, 12:14 AM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by godoman
Got my first batch of concorso today and polished off to panels on my car. one was the driver's side front panel and the trunk. after polishing both with menzerna 85rd using a pc with white lcc ccs pad, went straight to applying the concorso.

now it has been three and a half hours, I have been checking up on the panels now to see if it shines more as it cures. so far nothing really special like I was looking for.

I did this to my 2002 honda s2000, black.

is there something that I am missing here? was I expecting too much? there is a little bit more depth. should I have applied some FMJ first and then applied the concorso?

please help, any feedback, insight would be greatly appreciated. want to learn to master using these products and am starting to realize have a long way to go.

marcus
I'm not really familiar with concorso, but what I can tell you is that whenever I wax my car (i use liquid wax) i can see the shine immediately after wiping off the residue.

I'm not sure what you're doing wrong (if anything). I'm sure others will be able to help you though. Good luck!

Old 06-04-2009, 02:19 AM
Teamspeed Member
Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Did you apply the wax and let it sit there for a couple of hours before you buffed it off? You may just be expecting too much . I've got at least 30 different waxes in my arsenal and regardless of the price or prestige, they all look just about the same when applied to a perfectly polished panel. It all boils down to the polishing job you do. There's a couple that give a slight bit more depth and shine, but don't forget that I have many other waxes (and more experience with them) to compare them to. Make no mistake, Concorso is an excellent wax... one of my best in all categories. I'd suggest applying another coat after about 24 hours and you'll probably see a difference then.

Old 06-04-2009, 02:33 AM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Clever Nickname
Did you apply the wax and let it sit there for a couple of hours before you buffed it off? You may just be expecting too much . I've got at least 30 different waxes in my arsenal and regardless of the price or prestige, they all look just about the same when applied to a perfectly polished panel. It all boils down to the polishing job you do. There's a couple that give a slight bit more depth and shine, but don't forget that I have many other waxes (and more experience with them) to compare them to. Make no mistake, Concorso is an excellent wax... one of my best in all categories. I'd suggest applying another coat after about 24 hours and you'll probably see a difference then.
I agree

I use this.

Meguiar's Direct NXT Generation® Tech Wax® 2.0

Old 06-05-2009, 03:54 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
godoman is an unknown quantity at this point
Update

ok,

so I detailed a customer car today and finished off using the concorso and man did it turn out to meet expectations that I was looking for.

I had a bunch of people show up that heard about the detailing quality that I do am and am trying to obtain. all were staring at the car after polishing and after I put the concorso on it they were sending text messages with pics of my work to their friends.

it looks like using concorso has everything to do with the polishing job done to the car being worked on.

I had to do the following to completely remove the worst case of water marks I have seen:

Menzerna Power Gloss, w LCC CCS Yellow Compounding Pads 7.5 Inch
Menzerna 85rd, w Green LCC CCS Pad 5 Inch

Did not use Paint Cleaner before applying Swissvax Concorso. Wiped off all polish and went straight to the wax.

Looked outstanding and finally reached that shine and depth that I was looking for. Just need more experience using Swissvax.

thanks again for all the help and feedback everyone!

marcus

Old 06-05-2009, 04:00 AM
Banned
ok,

so I detailed a customer car today and finished off using the concorso and man did it turn out to meet expectations that I was looking for.

I had a bunch of people show up that heard about the detailing quality that I do am and am trying to obtain. all were staring at the car after polishing and after I put the concorso on it they were sending text messages with pics of my work to their friends.

it looks like using concorso has everything to do with the polishing job done to the car being worked on.

I had to do the following to completely remove the worst case of water marks I have seen:

Did not use Paint Cleaner before applying Swissvax Concorso. Wiped off all polish and went straight to the wax.

Looked outstanding and finally reached that shine and depth that I was looking for. Just need more experience using Swissvax.

marcus
nice job!

bet of luck to you

Old 06-05-2009, 04:07 PM
Teamspeed Member
Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Clever Nickname You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
ok,

marcus
I knew you'd like it . There's a reason why it has that price tag on it! Excellent durability to boot...