Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

New business card...

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 12:50 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Ivan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to all
Originally Posted by tractorcrusher
Here's a slightly different background if you're not happy with the one you got...

Just whipped it up in about 2 minutes.
haha wierd... here's what I was doing 5 mins ago...

Ever since I ordered some yesterday, I was wondering what shadows would look like...

As for the background, I'm going to take some photos of some beading and pick a good one for the next batch of cards.

Old 05-29-2009, 01:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
tractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond repute
Either way the business card looks great... I know it's going to drive you crazy thinking about the different variations, but on the customer's end they're just going to think "wow, nice business card".

Old 05-29-2009, 01:34 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Ivan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to allIvan Rajic is a name known to all
Originally Posted by tractorcrusher
Either way the business card looks great... I know it's going to drive you crazy thinking about the different variations, but on the customer's end they're just going to think "wow, nice business card".
That's true... thanks for the compliments!

Old 05-29-2009, 02:40 PM
Teamspeed's Official Brain Surgeon
brnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond repute
sorry for a late comment, but at first glance the overall pattern looks a little like a swastika. I know this will come off as a lousy thing to say, but I am just being honest and trying to give you feedback. When the image first came up and my eyes didn't focus immediately that is what I saw. If no one else sees it then great, I hope I am wrong. Please take this feedback in the manner in which it is meant.

Old 05-29-2009, 02:47 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by brnsrgn
sorry for a late comment, but at first glance the overall pattern looks a little like a swastika. I know this will come off as a lousy thing to say, but I am just being honest and trying to give you feedback. When the image first came up and my eyes didn't focus immediately that is what I saw. If no one else sees it then great, I hope I am wrong. Please take this feedback in the manner in which it is meant.
haha No worries I got that comment before and thought the same thing when I first rotated the thing. I'm not worried about it though, it's definitely not a swastika

Old 05-29-2009, 03:06 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Bluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond repute
First thoughts? Not a fan of putting things in the bottom corners; you're hurting some of the creative awesomeness you've got going on with the rest of the card. I'll come up with an idea later (for your next batch ).

Now, some suggestions.

1. UV Spot finish the water droplets.
2. Ditch the gradients, opting to go for silver foil-stamping on all type and the logo.
3. Logo + logotype on front. Contact details, sans logo, on back.

I just sent off a set to the printer for an event next weekend myself, using Print100 out of Hong Kong. They can't be beat.

I've linked a few files from an awesome designer, Eston Bond, that show off silver foil stamping & the UV finish as a final product. First ones I found, but you can see how good both treatments can look when used properly.

Old 05-29-2009, 05:11 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by Bluestrike2
First thoughts? Not a fan of putting things in the bottom corners; you're hurting some of the creative awesomeness you've got going on with the rest of the card. I'll come up with an idea later (for your next batch ).

Now, some suggestions.

1. UV Spot finish the water droplets.
2. Ditch the gradients, opting to go for silver foil-stamping on all type and the logo.
3. Logo + logotype on front. Contact details, sans logo, on back.

I just sent off a set to the printer for an event next weekend myself, using Print100 out of Hong Kong. They can't be beat.

I've linked a few files from an awesome designer, Eston Bond, that show off silver foil stamping & the UV finish as a final product. First ones I found, but you can see how good both treatments can look when used properly.
I do like the bottom one and that's one thing I've been debating for a while now, but waiting to have a logo... now that I have one, I will probably end up doing that.. putting only the logo without any text, on front (basically the current back without the site, possibly shadow if background stays similar to current one)

What do you mean by UV spot finishing the water droplets?

Here's the 2 minute draft of where I might/will go with it...

Front:

Back:

Also, what do you think about making the back upside down, so when the card is rotated around the x axis, the back side is right side up? I have that on my current cards and can't say if I like it or dislike it, but on this design (or future one like above) it might be pretty cool...?

Last edited by Ivan Rajic; 05-29-2009 at 05:51 PM.
Old 05-29-2009, 05:40 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Bluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond repute
I've attached a very light modification to your cart. Rotated the logo and background (I really think your logo benefits from a straightened position) and darkened the rest of the card so that the logo stands out more.

I'd get rid of the gradients in the logo and go with the straight silver foil stamping. UV finish will basically give you spots of a glossy coat that contrast with the rest of the matte finish. When the lights hit it, your eyes will be drawn. It's an awesome technique that can add a lot, but has to be used carefully. I've attached a second image with spots I'd hit in red (to be truthful, I think I'm on the heavy end -- you'd just want to hit some of the water spots, and the larger ones at that, to avoid it from being too much). (The spots aren't actually red in real life, by the way -- that's just how you mark them).

Ignore the rushed quality. I was, more or less, just experimenting.

Attached Images   
Old 05-29-2009, 05:54 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by Bluestrike2
I've attached a very light modification to your cart. Rotated the logo and background (I really think your logo benefits from a straightened position) and darkened the rest of the card so that the logo stands out more.

I'd get rid of the gradients in the logo and go with the straight silver foil stamping. UV finish will basically give you spots of a glossy coat that contrast with the rest of the matte finish. When the lights hit it, your eyes will be drawn. It's an awesome technique that can add a lot, but has to be used carefully. I've attached a second image with spots I'd hit in red (to be truthful, I think I'm on the heavy end -- you'd just want to hit some of the water spots, and the larger ones at that, to avoid it from being too much). (The spots aren't actually red in real life, by the way -- that's just how you mark them).

Ignore the rushed quality. I was, more or less, just experimenting.
Sorry but I'm still not following the UV finish... you want me to touch them up after the cards are printed or to spot the few drops a certain way in PS so the UV coating during printing process gives it the effect?

As for rotation, there's been debate and I like it rotated a lot more.

Old 05-29-2009, 06:24 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Originally Posted by ivopivo
Sorry but I'm still not following the UV finish... you want me to touch them up after the cards are printed or to spot the few drops a certain way in PS so the UV coating during printing process gives it the effect?

As for rotation, there's been debate and I like it rotated a lot more.
No; certain printing companies, such as Print 100, offer the ability to do what's called spot UV finishing. Instead of laying down a layer of the UV finishing coat over the entire card, they do it in specific areas. You pay a slight premium, however. But all in all, I find that the premium is worthwhile in many cases.

And regarding rotation, that's fine.