Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

tried every prouct on the market and this is the definitive BEST OF BEST

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 05:36 AM
Site Founder
MWilens has a brilliant futureMWilens has a brilliant futureMWilens has a brilliant futureMWilens has a brilliant futureMWilens has a brilliant futureMWilens has a brilliant futureMWilens has a brilliant futureMWilens has a brilliant futureMWilens has a brilliant futureMWilens has a brilliant futureMWilens has a brilliant future
tried every prouct on the market and this is the definitive BEST OF BEST

So this summer i bought every product from MOE and many other suppliers with the intention of product testing. And this is my quick opinion after testing on four vehicles. Range Rover, Defender, Porsche, Ferrari

If the car is new and detailed often then products such as zymol are great and not to abrassive but if the car is old then you need to use much more abrasive products. Menzerna is fantastic to really cut the paint.

Flex orbital-five star

Tire Shine-One grand -best i have used and gives the best dollar value if you buy a gallon. Zymol is to expensive and comes off pretty quickly

Interior Cleaner-Autoglym-There is no better, You can use on the carpets, leather seats ect

Soap-I don't think it makes a difference as much as people think. Go by smell and enjoy within reason. Zymol soap might be great for a car that never leaves the garage but i like other products

interior cockpit-einszett Cockpit Premium-perfect and can't live without it

Best product i wish was the original forumla-Black again=use to be great-what happened. They changed the formula

Kracher power washer with the CR spottless-will save you half the time washing and drying. Can do a car in no time.

Dryer-I use moes dog hair machine with an air tank and this speeds the process.

Wheel Brushes-EZ Detail Brush is great and -the zymol brush is a joke and shouldn't be bought-it falls apart and has no use

wheel cleaner-P21S,

Wax- going back to the basic premise. Garage queen vs every day vehicle. I like p21S wax for a hard wax and einszett Glanz Wax to use with the flex polisher. Zymol maybe if it's a garage queen but i think you can use canola oil or butter and get the same effect if the car is so clean as to use zymol

Old 01-08-2009, 05:38 AM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
An incognito admin?! Awesome!

Old 01-10-2009, 01:14 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MWilens
So this summer i bought every product from MOE and many other suppliers with the intention of product testing. And this is my quick opinion after testing on four vehicles. Range Rover, Defender, Porsche, Ferrari

If the car is new and detailed often then products such as zymol are great and not to abrassive but if the car is old then you need to use much more abrasive products. Menzerna is fantastic to really cut the paint.

Flex orbital-five star

Tire Shine-One grand -best i have used and gives the best dollar value if you buy a gallon. Zymol is to expensive and comes off pretty quickly

Interior Cleaner-Autoglym-There is no better, You can use on the carpets, leather seats ect

Soap-I don't think it makes a difference as much as people think. Go by smell and enjoy within reason. Zymol soap might be great for a car that never leaves the garage but i like other products

interior cockpit-einszett Cockpit Premium-perfect and can't live without it

Best product i wish was the original forumla-Black again=use to be great-what happened. They changed the formula

Kracher power washer with the CR spottless-will save you half the time washing and drying. Can do a car in no time.

Dryer-I use moes dog hair machine with an air tank and this speeds the process.

Wheel Brushes-EZ Detail Brush is great and -the zymol brush is a joke and shouldn't be bought-it falls apart and has no use

wheel cleaner-P21S,

Wax- going back to the basic premise. Garage queen vs every day vehicle. I like p21S wax for a hard wax and einszett Glanz Wax to use with the flex polisher. Zymol maybe if it's a garage queen but i think you can use canola oil or butter and get the same effect if the car is so clean as to use zymol
Excellent feedback Mike. I think the members here should greatly appreciate the honest and unbiased feedback you've posted here. I don't think it's been done on any other forum. And gentleman, Mike PURCHASED every product and did not get any freebies to do this. I don't believe in giving products away if someone is going to do a writeup like this. If the writer is passionate about detailing and is wanting to find the right product, then they should purchase it. That's what Mike did; thumbs up!

The only thing I have to disagree with is the remark about Zymol waxes. I will have to admit that there is a slight learning curve with Zymol waxes. However, to this day, as a professional, I have yet to see any product provide the experience and the end-result of Zymol. Bottom line, Zymol products choose you. It's like saying a Ferrari is better than a Porsche or Porsche is better than a Bugatti. It's a matter of choice, taste, and passion. There isn't one better than the other. They each offer their own unique experience that cannot be matched by the other car. Same with Zymol. It's not just about the product, it's about the philosophy and it defines your personality. Hope this makes sense.

At the end, there are lots of great products out there; find one that fits your particular needs and not one that has a good ad in a magazine. Have a relationship with a detailer that you trust and trust in him/her to help you find the products that are right for your particular needs. Then enjoy the experience.

Old 01-10-2009, 01:17 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
Mike.

Great post. Long time no see pal.