Notices
Classic Muscle Classic Muscle Car Discussion Forum.

Your opinions on a 1967 Shelby GT500E Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 05:40 AM
Teamspeed Member
spg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond repute
i know squadousch about your markets, inventory, pricing, etc.
here, i would value that car in that 40,50k range though the seller would be asking 120, 140 for the car basing it off the Unique prices. Unique performance cars are the closest you'd get to a licensed, though not original, gt500.

i think this market turmoil is going to last a bit, but either way, noone is going to start swallowing cars until they feel more comfy. u have the cash. u sit in the drivers' seat. i would wait for a better example perhaps.

and, man, go take a peak at those Mach1s or a boss 429. i would trade my shelby for the right example of one of those in a millisecond.

Originally Posted by Mike S
sg, thank for the long yet informative reply.

This was was originally a 4 speed manual, but for who knows what the current owner wanted it converted to an automatic. It can be changed back, but I think that will be something I will decide if I want to do once I have driven the car.

The market is very strange here, and old POS 67 Mustang (rust and all) with around 200k miles on the clock still sells for the US equivalent of $40,000. They are very rare here even in stock original form.

This one they are asking around $150,000 USD. It's a rip off compared to what I could buy with the same money in the states, but a Hummer H2 costs $150,000 USD here as well LOL.

From a "investment" point of view, I do no think this car will fetch top money obviously in the international market, but over here I think it should retain it's value quite well. I'm not really going to buy it as an investment so to say, I just thought if that was one of the bonuses, then it's another plus point to buy the car. I just love the way it looks and I'm going to be flooring it most of the time!

Old 11-18-2008, 10:41 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Hi spg,
I think I will probably go for it, as you said for what I can get over here Unique Performance version of the car will be the best bet other than an original. I hope I will enjoy the drive this week! I'm looking forward to it as it may be my first muscle car!

Old 11-18-2008, 07:05 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mike S
sg, thank for the long yet informative reply.

This was was originally a 4 speed manual, but for who knows what the current owner wanted it converted to an automatic. It can be changed back, but I think that will be something I will decide if I want to do once I have driven the car.

The market is very strange here, and old POS 67 Mustang (rust and all) with around 200k miles on the clock still sells for the US equivalent of $40,000. They are very rare here even in stock original form.

This one they are asking around $150,000 USD. It's a rip off compared to what I could buy with the same money in the states, but a Hummer H2 costs $150,000 USD here as well LOL.

From a "investment" point of view, I do no think this car will fetch top money obviously in the international market, but over here I think it should retain it's value quite well. I'm not really going to buy it as an investment so to say, I just thought if that was one of the bonuses, then it's another plus point to buy the car. I just love the way it looks and I'm going to be flooring it most of the time!
Your definitely buying it for the right reasons, if the price doesn't concern you, go for it. Your gonna beat on it, and smile from ear to ear whilst laying down some rubber.

do it.

And post some photos next to the Phantom.