Notices
Celebrity Sightings | Clothing | Fashion Spotted! Your Favorite Celebrity and His/Her Automobile & The Fashion & Style Discussion Forum.

Tie Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 06:14 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Tie Question

I need help with some tie recommendations...

I used to buy most of my ties at Bachrach because they were $70 and came in the style I like. By style, I mean that the tie used full fabric throughout. Where the circle is, most ties usually have a thinner, black or dark blue fabric. I much prefer the weight and thickness added by this.

Since the Bachrach near me closed, I was wondering if there is some sort of name for that type of tie so I can order them online?

Also, are there other brands that have the same fabric throughout the tie that are $100 or less? At my age, I certainly don't need to be spending a fortune on a tie.

Thanks.

Attached Images  
Old 05-23-2008, 07:04 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
NIGHTMARE44 is infamous around these partsNIGHTMARE44 is infamous around these partsNIGHTMARE44 is infamous around these partsNIGHTMARE44 is infamous around these partsNIGHTMARE44 is infamous around these partsNIGHTMARE44 is infamous around these partsNIGHTMARE44 is infamous around these partsNIGHTMARE44 is infamous around these partsNIGHTMARE44 is infamous around these partsNIGHTMARE44 is infamous around these partsNIGHTMARE44 is infamous around these parts
Check out Brooks Brothers

Old 05-23-2008, 07:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
I know this is more than what you want to spend but nothing is nicer than Zegna ties IMO.

I have a few Paul Smith ones which are in your $ range, though they don't compare to the Zegna's.

Old 05-23-2008, 07:55 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Travis_D You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I love Zegna....I went on a spending spree at the Zenga store in Rome just off Piazza di Spagna.

I actually think I have lifetime 10% off at Brooks Brothers from my fraternity....I may go ahead and go that route.

Old 05-24-2008, 06:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Zegna makes the very best ties. You can find them on sale for $125 - $150 range at Saks. If you are in Beverly Hills, hit the smaller Zenga store off Beverly Blvd where they make the custom suits. They have some ties there I have not seen anywhere else.

Old 05-28-2008, 09:19 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
NIGHTMARE44 is infamous around these partsNIGHTMARE44 is infamous around these partsNIGHTMARE44 is infamous around these partsNIGHTMARE44 is infamous around these partsNIGHTMARE44 is infamous around these partsNIGHTMARE44 is infamous around these partsNIGHTMARE44 is infamous around these partsNIGHTMARE44 is infamous around these partsNIGHTMARE44 is infamous around these partsNIGHTMARE44 is infamous around these partsNIGHTMARE44 is infamous around these parts
It's a given Zegna makes good ties...he said 100$ or less

Old 05-28-2008, 10:52 PM
Teamspeed Member
MementoMori is a jewel in the roughMementoMori is a jewel in the roughMementoMori is a jewel in the roughMementoMori is a jewel in the roughMementoMori is a jewel in the roughMementoMori is a jewel in the roughMementoMori is a jewel in the roughMementoMori is a jewel in the roughMementoMori is a jewel in the roughMementoMori is a jewel in the roughMementoMori is a jewel in the rough
I know this is a Cardinal Sin to some TeamSpeeders, but I actually found a couple surprisingly good quality ties with that detail you described at Men's Wearhouse. They're actually my favorite ties now.

Old 05-28-2008, 11:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NIGHTMARE44
It's a given Zegna makes good ties...he said 100$ or less
Thanks Sherlock.

Old 05-30-2008, 02:52 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Originally Posted by Barrister
Thanks Sherlock.

Your reply in the first place was worthless, dingleberry

Old 09-21-2008, 04:21 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
styla21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Stefano Ricci / Brioni should be contenders for great ties. I'm not sure on US pricing, and really depends on where you buy? If you can go up to that $150 mark and get a Brioni you will notice the difference. Match it with a plain shirt and let the tie do the work.

^^ I like your tie btw, nice pattern / color combo.