Notices
Cayenne | Panamera | Macan The Porsche Cayenne, Panamera, & Macan Discussion Forum.

OFFICIAL: 2015 Porsche Macan

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 04:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
I think this car makes the Cayenne obsolete. They did such an excellent job all around.

One question though... Does the hood even open? The hood and fenders seem to be one unit, and I don't understand how a hinge could work for this set up.

Edit: I found a picture of the engine bay with a bit of digging. Looks really nice and dramatic with such a large hood.

http://www.guideautoweb.com/en/galleries/22813/?im=5

Last edited by Carrera; 11-21-2013 at 04:21 PM.
Old 11-21-2013, 11:28 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mahzari You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I see a lot of the Panamera Sport Turismo Concept in this car, namely the taillights and the steering wheel

Old 11-22-2013, 07:11 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Alex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond reputeAlex_997TurboRSC has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Carrera
I think this car makes the Cayenne obsolete. They did such an excellent job all around.
Contemplating 'downgrading' my new Cayenne S Diesel for a Macan Turbo. Just worried about a couple of things:

1) Macan volumes are going to be much higher than Cayenne – so will depreciate quicker and be much more common on the roads
2) Macan S is only 60 hp down on the Turbo but £16k less – hard to ignore that unless the Turbo has a lot more standard kit
3) Macan will feel cheaper interior / exterior compared to Cayenne as it’s a lower range model?
4) Large loss of torque 850Nm to 550Nm – I am a torque junky
5) Loss of 2 cylinders - super smooth V8 down to V6 – sound will be effected also
6) Won’t be as good off-road or in the flood roads or snow

The things that I think the Macan will beat the Cayenne on:

1) Handling and acceleration
2) Looks – I don’t like the front of my Cayenne at all
3) Is rather big parking at supermarkets and can never line up with the parking lines without opening the door. Also rather big on narrow country lanes.

Old 11-25-2013, 10:25 AM
Teamspeed Member
SpeedRob is on a distinguished roadSpeedRob is on a distinguished road
Why would this not be as good offroad? Smaller, lighter vehicles with similar drivetrains almost always outperform off road.

And seriously you think this wont be up to Porsche quality standards re the interior? Does a Boxster have a cheaper interior than a 991? No.

Look at the engineering that went into the hood/bonnet alone. That is expensive!

Last edited by SpeedRob; 11-25-2013 at 10:28 AM.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
Offroad? Why the hell is that even a discussion issue?

Old 11-26-2013, 12:10 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
benkyo is on a distinguished roadbenkyo is on a distinguished road
Can anyone help me understand the logic in pricing this car? The base model, the Macan S, is $300 more than base Cayenne. True the Macan had 40 hp more and it is an "S" but the Cayenne is one size up. Puzzling...

Last edited by benkyo; 11-26-2013 at 12:12 AM.
Old 11-26-2013, 12:20 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Just came back from the dealer. If I place my order within the week, I'll get a spot in the first Macan allocation for the Kuwaiti market with a May delivery date.

I specced a Macan Turbo in rhodium silver metallic with a two-tone interior in black/garnet red with everything from Burmester and heated/cooled 18-way seats to carbon fiber side blades/interior trims and stainless steel front/rear skid plates. Opted for the 20" Spyder Design wheels; the 21s are luscious but I know that one pothole on Kuwait's sh***y roads is all it'll take to separate me from a few thousand dollars. Besides, I love the design of the Spyder wheels; they're a modernized version of the ones on my Cayenne so they'll serve as a nice reminder once the Cayenne is sold.

The issue, however, is the price. The Macan Turbo is considerably more expensive than I anticipated with a base price of 28100 KWD [approx. 73290 EUR/99400 USD], putting it above the base price of a Cayenne GTS. With my options added on, I pulled the car up to a whopping 33960 KWD [approx. 88600 EUR/120000 USD]. For a country with no taxes or supplementary charges, this is an absurd price for the segment especially when given the fact that there are no rivals [the Audi SQ5 isn't sold in Kuwait so the only competitors are the Audi Q5, BMW X3, Range Rover Evoque and their ilk]. Another customer was speccing his Macan Turbo order and complained of exactly the same thing; he too expected a lower price point for the segment and wasn't happy about looking at a compact SUV costing 120000 USD. The way the pricing structure is set, the base Boxster and Cayman models will remain the cheapest Porsches in Kuwait even when the base Macan shows up.

At this point, it looks like Porsche and/or our local dealer are getting greedy.

Porschephile88

Old 11-26-2013, 05:47 PM
Teamspeed Member
RickyZone has a reputation beyond reputeRickyZone has a reputation beyond reputeRickyZone has a reputation beyond reputeRickyZone has a reputation beyond reputeRickyZone has a reputation beyond reputeRickyZone has a reputation beyond reputeRickyZone has a reputation beyond reputeRickyZone has a reputation beyond reputeRickyZone has a reputation beyond reputeRickyZone has a reputation beyond reputeRickyZone has a reputation beyond repute
I agree with what many people have stated already. The car is goddamn good looking, however the price is just wrong (at least here in Sweden). I figured this would be an entry-level Porsche, but as it stands - it's not that much cheaper than the Cayenne here in Sweden. The Macan Diesel (the diesel models are more or less the only models sold here in Sweden) costs 57000 EUR (Swedish prices TBA) versus the Cayenne Diesel which costs 62000 EUR. That is a difference of 5000 EUR - more or less the cost of the optional 21-inch wheels for either of the models.

I for one, would never pick the smaller, compact SUV versus a full-grown SUV like the Cayenne, as they are so close in price. Sure, it will be more sporty, more agile and probably a lot more fun to drive, but I'd still rather get a Cayenne, every day of the week.

I guess the only good thing about the pricing of the Macan is that it probably won't dilute the brand to the same extent, as a 40K EUR car would have. I guess the bad thing is that we will probably see prices of the Cayenne increasing, come the next model.

Old 11-26-2013, 10:54 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Sebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enoughSebaflex will become famous soon enough
im surprised they did'nt make a Base Macan with an Audi Powerplant i.e. 2.0T TFSI, the 2.5 5cyl, or the S/C 3.0 V6.

Old 11-27-2013, 09:27 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Diggz92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Mahzari
I see a lot of the Panamera Sport Turismo Concept in this car, namely the taillights and the steering wheel

I heard the steering wheel is based of the 918 and same with the tails

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL: 2015 Porsche Macan