Notices
Cayenne | Panamera | Macan The Porsche Cayenne, Panamera, & Macan Discussion Forum.

Porsche Enhances European Delivery Program

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 07:49 AM
Teamspeed Member
jasonrhcastle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jasonrhcastle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jasonrhcastle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jasonrhcastle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jasonrhcastle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jasonrhcastle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jasonrhcastle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jasonrhcastle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jasonrhcastle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jasonrhcastle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jasonrhcastle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Brobbins016
I have done four EU Porsche and one BMW deliveries. Currently Pcar has no additional fee and no VAT. Have a nice day...
Well, I have enquired about it (as recently as last 6 months) from two of the largest dealers in the US and both have stated that VAT is still required. As does the Porsche website.

I don't necessarily disagree with you Stoppie, but I don't buy it completely either. Porsches are mass produced vehicles. They are not necessarily a low volume production company (maybe compared to Ford, Dodge, etc). The Cayenne and Panamera, I agree, could probably be of more risk. However, I don't at all buy the argument 100%.

Look at MB and BMW. They offer SIGNIFICANT discounts on the pricing of their ED cars, especially when priced against EU prices. They would be highly favorable to buy at a discount with US pricing and then flip in Europe. Could make a considerable profit if you wanted to try it. Same, most certainly, is true of Porsche too. I don't believe that Porsches are significantly more at risk compared to other German brands. I think Porsche doesn't want to take the risk, but I think it is more simply an issue of using their money vs mine as a guarantee against VAT and import fraud.

I don't believe in giving anyone an interest free loan. Having said that, may still do it someday. Just not happy about it. It does, however, sound like an awesome experience.

J

Old 03-05-2012, 08:04 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Brobbins016
I have done four EU Porsche and one BMW deliveries. Currently Pcar has no additional fee and no VAT. Have a nice day...
It's ON the ED print out from PCNA you dummy!! Jayzus!! :P

Old 03-05-2012, 08:07 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jasonrhcastle
Well, I have enquired about it (as recently as last 6 months) from two of the largest dealers in the US and both have stated that VAT is still required. As does the Porsche website.

I don't necessarily disagree with you Stoppie, but I don't buy it completely either. Porsches are mass produced vehicles. They are not necessarily a low volume production company (maybe compared to Ford, Dodge, etc). The Cayenne and Panamera, I agree, could probably be of more risk. However, I don't at all buy the argument 100%.

Look at MB and BMW. They offer SIGNIFICANT discounts on the pricing of their ED cars, especially when priced against EU prices. They would be highly favorable to buy at a discount with US pricing and then flip in Europe. Could make a considerable profit if you wanted to try it. Same, most certainly, is true of Porsche too. I don't believe that Porsches are significantly more at risk compared to other German brands. I think Porsche doesn't want to take the risk, but I think it is more simply an issue of using their money vs mine as a guarantee against VAT and import fraud.

I don't believe in giving anyone an interest free loan. Having said that, may still do it someday. Just not happy about it. It does, however, sound like an awesome experience.

J

No offense jason but Porsches aren't C classes or 5 series's. You shouldn't get a discount on a Porsche as you would a BMW or MB. Not the same animal. Whether one feels entitled to it or not.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:06 AM
Teamspeed Member
jasonrhcastle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jasonrhcastle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jasonrhcastle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jasonrhcastle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jasonrhcastle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jasonrhcastle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jasonrhcastle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jasonrhcastle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jasonrhcastle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jasonrhcastle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jasonrhcastle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
True. I agree Stoppie. No offense taken. But a 110k 7 series or a 103k M5 (as mine was) is still a significant piece of coin.

Having said all this, as I stated above, I am likely still gonna due it on my next CTT in a couple years. Having seen the light and left BMW (would leave MB if my wife would get rid of hers) I still think it is worth the price of admission...

J

Old 03-05-2012, 10:40 AM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
About time Porsche stopped charging for this! I didn't do this back when I got my Turbo for this exact reason! Now I have no reason not to do ED for my next Porsche!

Old 03-05-2012, 10:47 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
Originally Posted by jasonrhcastle
True. I agree Stoppie. No offense taken. But a 110k 7 series or a 103k M5 (as mine was) is still a significant piece of coin.

Having said all this, as I stated above, I am likely still gonna due it on my next CTT in a couple years. Having seen the light and left BMW (would leave MB if my wife would get rid of hers) I still think it is worth the price of admission...

J
It's not the money mate. It's production levels. 7 Series and S550, even AMG/M5 productions are higher...

Porsche builds a fraction of what those guys do. You get more car. You SHOULD pay more.

Have you driven a new CTT yet? Hands down a better truck (car) over the X5/X6M or new ML63.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:50 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Green has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
It's not the money mate. It's production levels. 7 Series and S550, even AMG/M5 productions are higher...

Porsche builds a fraction of what those guys do. You get more car. You SHOULD pay more.
Ridiculous cheerleading is not allowed .

Old 03-05-2012, 11:04 AM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 20C4S
just FYI, for someone that cares. Porsche install (meaning drilled) european front license bracket on the front bumper for ED. BMW use double-sided tape for the front plate for ED.
WTF....can we ask them NOT to do that? If Porsche does that then I'd decline ED for that reason alone as well.

Old 03-05-2012, 11:15 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
Originally Posted by Green
Ridiculous cheerleading is not allowed .
What if I bribe you with a Vente Starbucks? (that usually works on Doctors...)

lol

Old 03-05-2012, 11:18 AM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
Depends if he can get special treatment from the police on his way there

Quick Reply: Porsche Enhances European Delivery Program