Notices
Cayenne | Panamera | Macan The Porsche Cayenne, Panamera, & Macan Discussion Forum.

Porsche Enhances European Delivery Program

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 06:02 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
i would like to do this one day period.

Old 03-03-2012, 12:55 PM
Teamspeed Member
jasonrhcastle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jasonrhcastle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jasonrhcastle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jasonrhcastle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jasonrhcastle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jasonrhcastle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jasonrhcastle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jasonrhcastle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jasonrhcastle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jasonrhcastle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jasonrhcastle You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Yeah. That's sort of my point. To be told that I need to fork over that when I plunked down that kind of coin frustrates me.

Porsche and Audi (if they still do) are the only ones that require this.

BMW and MB do not. And you get a discount. Now, the driving dynamics aside, the financial argument is hard to make as to why you must do this.

J

Old 03-03-2012, 03:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
bout time they brought it back and it's quite nice that they stopped charging for it as well

Old 03-03-2012, 03:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
This is great news as i planned on it anyways for my next Porsche --- now it seals the deal even more. I think the Lepzig option sounds awesome --- or maybe even do both (stuttgart then drive to Lepzig and do that too!)

Thanks for sharing DJ

Old 03-03-2012, 03:36 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
The option of NOT doing this, is still on the table. - A policy, is a policy.

And regarding BMW and MB- there really isn't much of a scare of either of those cars 'staying' in Europe. The demand however, for a nice shiney new Porsche, say in the color of 'black on black or black on tan'- is a VERY real threat. These things are being exported a high rates and Porsche isn't interested in footing the bill for VAT not being paid.

Thus, you pay VAT upfront. Once the car arrives at a US Port, you'll recieve a full refund for the VAT fairly quickly.

Last edited by STOPPIE; 03-03-2012 at 03:39 PM.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:54 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Caio You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Great, I need a Porsche as my next car.

Old 03-04-2012, 07:18 PM
ljg
Teamspeed Pro
ljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
The option of NOT doing this, is still on the table. - A policy, is a policy.

And regarding BMW and MB- there really isn't much of a scare of either of those cars 'staying' in Europe. The demand however, for a nice shiney new Porsche, say in the color of 'black on black or black on tan'- is a VERY real threat. These things are being exported a high rates and Porsche isn't interested in footing the bill for VAT not being paid.

Thus, you pay VAT upfront. Once the car arrives at a US Port, you'll recieve a full refund for the VAT fairly quickly.
I would say that both BMW and especially MB are exported at very high levels, particularly to Eastern Europe. Beyond that, I think the Cayenne/Panamera are more desired and thus would be more of a concern than the 2 door P-cars as well. I guess I understand the CYA policy but am not sure why it isn't consistent.

Old 03-04-2012, 07:27 PM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jasonrhcastle
The only reason NOT to do it, unless they have changed it and not stated it, is that Porsche still requires VAT to be paid before ED takes place. It is then refunded once your car gets to the states. However, like on my 143k Cayenne Turbo, that is ALOT of money for someone else to be drawing interest from. That, in my case, would have been 27k they held onto from order till delivery at Customs in the US.
I have done four EU Porsche and one BMW deliveries. Currently Pcar has no additional fee and no VAT. Have a nice day...

Old 03-04-2012, 07:59 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Brobbins016
I have done four EU Porsche and one BMW deliveries. Currently Pcar has no additional fee and no VAT. Have a nice day...
Thanks for the clarification! EU delivery ftw!

Old 03-05-2012, 01:41 AM
Teamspeed Pro
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
just FYI, for someone that cares. Porsche install (meaning drilled) european front license bracket on the front bumper for ED. BMW use double-sided tape for the front plate for ED.

did the BMW ED last year on wife's car. it is really by far the best travel experience. nothing beats driving ur own car on European roads not to mention the autobahn. already planning for the next one!

Quick Reply: Porsche Enhances European Delivery Program