Notices
Cayenne | Panamera | Macan The Porsche Cayenne, Panamera, & Macan Discussion Forum.

What is deal with Sand Yellow?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2010 | 07:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
barebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond repute
Is this not the case where a wrap makes the most sense? I want a Cayman S in satin black or dark blue. Instead of shooting myself in the foot and painting it, I will just get a satin wrap and peel her off when I am done.

Old 12-12-2010 | 12:26 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!dallascajun You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by ljg
I saw it at PP the other day: One thing about SY...It looks FAST, even sitting next to a TT or GT3!

Old 12-12-2010 | 01:58 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Originally Posted by jcc2tx
I ordered a sand yellow CTT and it arrived at the dealership 3 months ago. I bailed on taking delivery. Economy had me worried. To this day, the dealership has this Cayenne for sale and it is the ONLY Cayenne they now have. This is one of the top 3 dealerships in the USA. So why is noone buying the car color? Is it that bad? Yellow is a b*tch for resale
When I went to sell my yellow GT2, it was impossible. Noone wants yellow. I read on Autoblog that yellow is the worst selling color. Geez, I thought it looked pretty good.
Porsche's production statistics would support this as well. It's just not an in demand color. Last time I looked Black, Arctic Silver, and Meteor Grey comprised about 25-30% of their production if not more. Guards Red was not even a top 5 color on any of the models.

Old 12-12-2010 | 08:34 PM
|
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cstroked
Porsche's production statistics would support this as well. It's just not an in demand color. Last time I looked Black, Arctic Silver, and Meteor Grey comprised about 25-30% of their production if not more. Guards Red was not even a top 5 color on any of the models.
True. Silver being the most popular. But, I don't care for silver. Not sure why. Just personal pref.

Old 12-12-2010 | 08:36 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
I have had a speed yellow GT2 and a speed yellow Turbo.

My next Turbo will be either orange, signal green, smurf blue, or speed yellow.

If I am going to get a sports car, I am certainly not going to hide it with an uninspiring silver, black, or gray.

Resale be damned.

Old 12-12-2010 | 09:51 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
The guy we've been talking about Mate-
The guy I was thinking off has a 997 turbo, and bought his wife a 997.2 Turbo.

Maybe he didn't have the CTT on order.

Old 12-13-2010 | 02:16 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
No, but you make a good point. Cayenne isn't that hot, but I haven't been looking. I think Porsche is doing a way better job of allocating cars at times to help in values to their customers. I had a meeting with the director of sales about that very topic about 2 years ago and how their business practices were messing with my investment in their product.
LOL. Actually the 6 cyl Cayenne's are hard to find except if you call Stoppie as he has about 25 of them in stock at 10k off sticker.
The S and TT are easier as of course they are more expensive. I wrote a HUGE thread about Porsche about 5-6 years ago on another unnamed
forum LOL about similar things I saw and there marketing / allocation practices...Its all a game when you want it there are none and you
pay, goto sell it and bend over and grab your cheeks as that color is not desirable, we have 4 of those etc etc

Last edited by Marc; 12-13-2010 at 02:38 PM.
Old 12-13-2010 | 02:29 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Marc you need a hug. LOL

Old 12-13-2010 | 02:37 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
Marc you need a hug. LOL
I am unloved and unwanted.

Old 12-13-2010 | 03:39 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
We all love you. Even if you do get bored with any and everything. Personally I'll take your toys, you take mine.

You'll gladly take your life back in about 24 hours. That is of course, all the time I'll need to smoke your cars to death, crash your planes, and get robbed by all the hookers in Miami wearing all your watches.

Quick Reply: What is deal with Sand Yellow?