Notices
Cayenne | Panamera | Macan The Porsche Cayenne, Panamera, & Macan Discussion Forum.

How to completely disable PSM

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 10:58 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
siswati is an unknown quantity at this point
How to completely disable PSM

HI all - new to board and new to the P family with a Panny S

I need to know how to disable PSM completely

With the PSM button OFF, the PSM takes a VERY slight back seat but the minute you get the car even slightly sideways it kicks in again. Anyone know how to fully disable PSM on a Panamera?

On the 911 board I read that pulling the fuse B9 will do the trick. Can anyone confirm this or is there a back door to the ECU control as in the AMG vehicles to put the car in DYNO mode (ESP fully off).

All suggestions eagerly anticipated

Old 12-10-2010, 03:55 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond repute
Why would you want to do this? Feel the need to wreck your Porsche already??

Old 12-10-2010, 04:09 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
What? I turned PSM off on a Panny S (RWD) and it totally got sideways.

Yer doooin it wrong!!

Old 12-10-2010, 04:12 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
What? I turned PSM off on a Panny S (RWD) and it totally got sideways.

Yer doooin it wrong!!
I lost my shirt trading in the 996 Turbo for the GT2 precisely because the PSM cannot be completely turned off, and couldn't drive the Turbo sideways if I wanted to.

Old 12-10-2010, 04:30 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stuka
I lost my shirt trading in the 996 Turbo for the GT2 precisely because the PSM cannot be completely turned off, and couldn't drive the Turbo sideways if I wanted to.
Needs mo powaaaaa!

Old 12-10-2010, 05:09 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
uhm, you dont think it has anything to do with the awd system? Not even a smidge? LOL

Old 12-10-2010, 05:14 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
uhm, you dont think it has anything to do with the awd system? Not even a smidge? LOL
The various 996 platform C2's I have driven are the same thing,I don't understand why Porsche can't make PSM like BMW's DSC. When it's turned off, it's off.

Old 12-10-2010, 05:24 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
The various 996 platform C2's I have driven are the same thing,I don't understand why Porsche can't make PSM like BMW's DSC. When it's turned off, it's off.
Geez maybe I don't have enough seat time in a 996; when you shut the PSM off on a 997, you can go sideways galore.....

Old 12-10-2010, 05:28 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
Geez maybe I don't have enough seat time in a 996; when you shut the PSM off on a 997, you can go sideways galore.....
I haven't driven a 997 Turbo yet, does it go sidways when you turn off PSM? Been thinking about getting one down the road.

Old 12-10-2010, 05:46 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
I haven't driven a 997 Turbo yet, does it go sidways when you turn off PSM? Been thinking about getting one down the road.
The 997 C2 and C2S certainly does. I've never been behind a wheel of a 997 Turbo long enough to do anything like that.

Quick Reply: How to completely disable PSM