Notices
Cayenne | Panamera | Macan The Porsche Cayenne, Panamera, & Macan Discussion Forum.

Pros and Cons of having PCCBs on a Cayenne?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 05:05 PM
Teamspeed Member
turbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to allturbotronic is a name known to all
Pros and Cons of having PCCBs on a Cayenne?

Any reasons why one shouldn't order PCCBs on a 4x4?

Old 03-07-2010, 05:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
It's not a sports car - i wouldn't bother with the expense.

Old 03-07-2010, 05:29 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Initial expense, replacement expense, depending on your climate just generally not worth it.

Old 03-07-2010, 05:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond repute
Hmm, the only reason I can think to do it might relate to a situation where you're towing your 7,700lb load down a hill, and you need to ride the brakes all the way down. Steel brakes will heat-soak very quickly and stop working. That said, the PCCBs may be fine, but if your brake fluid boils, it sorta doesn't matter.

Another concern would be the fragility of the rotors themselves relative to steel rotors. I recall hearing cases where ceramic rotors got chipped while someone was remounting a wheel after a tire change.

Apart from that, getting PCCBs on a Pfefferwagen is like adding carbon fiber bits 'to save weight', in that it's pointless poseurish fluff.

Old 03-07-2010, 07:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond repute
would not advise this...the only consistent benefit will be the lack of brake dust, IMO

Old 03-13-2010, 03:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
M5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Wouldn't advise it either. One unlucky pebble that you kick up on a bad road and you could have a cracked rotor.

Old 03-13-2010, 03:54 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
I would get it, if you plan to keep the car for quiet a while you wont need to have the discs replaced or drilled when they are nearly out. I dont think the brakes on my 06 Cayenne S is enough, obviously pccbs have better pedal feel.

Old 03-15-2010, 11:35 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
porschespeeddemon is on a distinguished roadporschespeeddemon is on a distinguished roadporschespeeddemon is on a distinguished roadporschespeeddemon is on a distinguished roadporschespeeddemon is on a distinguished roadporschespeeddemon is on a distinguished road
I just replaced my stock 04 Cayenne turbo brakes with Turbo S brakes, and so far they feel great. I do agree with the lack of brake dust and the look of the rotors/calipers.

Old 03-16-2010, 12:06 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
myTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to beholdmyTT is a splendid one to behold
Larger brakes=larger wheels