Notices
Cayenne | Panamera | Macan The Porsche Cayenne, Panamera, & Macan Discussion Forum.

Report: Delays Mean First 200 Porsche Panamera Owners Will Get Free Lugggage Set

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 03:01 PM
Teamspeed Member
Baron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to all
Originally Posted by ljg335i
That's a pretty badass move by Porsche, in both fixing the known issue before delivery and a sweet set of suitcases for the family!
same reason u dont hear about 996s and 7s dropping motors as often as they do

Old 11-24-2009, 03:42 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Baron
same reason u dont hear about 996s and 7s dropping motors as often as they do
C'mon man. That's not even in the same realm of fairness.

YOU've experienced 3 engine failures on a 997. Something sounds extremely fishy.

Sorry but the chance of having 3, let alone 2 engine failures is next to slim and 'aint gonna happen w/o abuse'.

Old 11-24-2009, 03:50 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
You guys are harsh. I'd gladly wait an extra month and get a set of luggage... Most companies just give you a "so sorry" and let you pound sand. If you guys haven't seen the cases in person, they're very nice and the set of 4 fits perfectly in the back of the Panamera.

People just can't be pleased... Be upset if your car breaks down the day after you get it (see Clarkson, Jeremy, GT40).

Old 11-24-2009, 03:59 PM
Resident Jackass
Shazbot is infamous around these partsShazbot is infamous around these partsShazbot is infamous around these partsShazbot is infamous around these partsShazbot is infamous around these partsShazbot is infamous around these partsShazbot is infamous around these partsShazbot is infamous around these partsShazbot is infamous around these partsShazbot is infamous around these partsShazbot is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by barebones
I think that this is a fair compromise. It is way better than the domestics dude, they will install a leaky sunroof and not even take a look at it when it pours water in the rain.
So You basing you entire opinion on American cars because of one bad sunroof?

I've owned countless Domestics with sunroofs and the only time they have let water in is when I would forget to close the roof and then it would rain.

I'm not saying the American makers are prefect but we are talking about cars that cost 4 times more, When you think how much these cars are selling for, they should be right the first time.

How do we not know that these are not major problems? Maybe if the nature of the issues they are experiencing got out it would bring a lot of bad P.R.?

I'm sure if the Bosses of Porsche thought for a second they could get away with letting the cars go with problems that would surface after they warranty expired, They would of.

Old 11-24-2009, 04:29 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Shaz. I'm going to hafta disagree with you.

Clearly - NO ONE - is perfect in producing ANYTHING. Let alone, even the mighty Porsche. However, you cannot even begin to suggest that PAG/PCNA is even in the same boat, let alone on the same PLANET of manufactoring as the Domestics.

You can't be that nieve. PAG might have gotten caught with their pants down regarding VW; but they sure as shit didn't get into that financial issue with SH*T products.

And that's EXACTLY why GM is in on the BRINK of extinction as they are today. Because they've produced CRAP for years. And up until recently, have gotten away with it.

That deal with the devil? He's cashing in.

HOw about this; I'll bet you $1000 that GM will no longer be under US control in 5 years, let alone exist.

5 years.

Old 11-25-2009, 12:15 AM
Teamspeed Pro
jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
nice!

Old 11-27-2009, 10:23 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe she will deliver the luggage now

Old 11-30-2009, 06:13 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
kilsen has a spectacular aura aboutkilsen has a spectacular aura aboutkilsen has a spectacular aura aboutkilsen has a spectacular aura aboutkilsen has a spectacular aura aboutkilsen has a spectacular aura aboutkilsen has a spectacular aura aboutkilsen has a spectacular aura aboutkilsen has a spectacular aura aboutkilsen has a spectacular aura aboutkilsen has a spectacular aura about
"The remaining 123 units are expected to arrive in dealerships by Nov. 30."

I've seen that "Nov 30" date in a number of different articles; it must have been in the Porsche press release.

But don't put too much faith in it . . . I'm still waiting. In fact, my dealer has NO IDEA when they'll get my car, because their Prosche rep has NO IDEA what the status is.

My car was built Oct 12. Was on the boat Oct 16. Things were looking good and I was hopeful to have it in Oct, but the boat was delayed getting to the port.

Then . . . oil pan . . . key . . . and I've been waiting ever since. The last good news I got, was that my car was "released" on Wednesday Nov 25. Based on that tidbit, my dealer assuemd they'd receive it Friday or Saturday.

Friday: no truck. Saturday: no truck. Calls by the dealer to the rep were unsuccessful; the rep couldn't even find his boss.

As of this afternoon, still no truck, and my dealer tells me they're in contact with the rep each hour, and he knows nothing.

As Tom Petty said, "The waiting is the hardest part."

The free luggage was a nice touch (BTW, it's my understanding that every European customer who pre-ordered a Panamera, got the luggage as part of the deal, but Porsche decided not to throw in the luggage for every US customer). HOWEVER . . . it's not good business to keep customers (and dealers!) in the dark. Porsche should have appointed one corporate employee to take on the responsibility (and clear his/her plate of ALL other responsibilities) to keep all of the 195 customers, and their dealers, fully informed of the status, until each and every car was delivered.

Instead, EACH DAY I'm left wondering: is my car only a mile away? Has it even left the port? Is it in the truck, on a tour of the eastern US, before it finally gets to my dealer? Did someone transpose two digits in the VIN and mistakenly send the car to someone else? Did an unscrupulous truck driver or dock worker spend the weekend joyriding in my car? At this point, and absent any real information from Porsche, every one of those scenarios is equally likely.

Old 11-30-2009, 06:32 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
rojda is an unknown quantity at this point
I can relate. I pre-ordered my car in June. It arrived in Baltimore on Oct 21. I have been waiting ever since. My dealer has no idea what will happen. The weather in New England is worsening and the car is coming with summer tires. The luggage is nice but they are giving us the small carry on bags rather than the large ones that actually fill the trunk and are typically shown in the pictures being posted. Unfortunately I don't really need more small carry on bags.

I am getting worn out by the process and lack of info.

Last edited by rojda; 11-30-2009 at 06:32 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 11-30-2009, 07:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
barebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond repute
No I am basing my opinion on years of looking at complete crap coming out of Detroit. I used that as an example, but if you want to see a horror show look at consumer reports for GM Dodge and Ford. Porsche delayed the delivery by 1 month.... big deal, at least they are correcting the problem. And what are you talking about the "price of the vehicle" for, all new products have problems, eve billion dollar jumbo jets. Get over the wait and please to not compare Porsche to shit again.

Originally Posted by Shazbot
So You basing you entire opinion on American cars because of one bad sunroof?

I've owned countless Domestics with sunroofs and the only time they have let water in is when I would forget to close the roof and then it would rain.

I'm not saying the American makers are prefect but we are talking about cars that cost 4 times more, When you think how much these cars are selling for, they should be right the first time.

How do we not know that these are not major problems? Maybe if the nature of the issues they are experiencing got out it would bring a lot of bad P.R.?

I'm sure if the Bosses of Porsche thought for a second they could get away with letting the cars go with problems that would surface after they warranty expired, They would of.

Quick Reply: Report: Delays Mean First 200 Porsche Panamera Owners Will Get Free Lugggage Set