Notices
Boxster | Cayman The Porsche Boxster & Cayman Discussion Forum.

Porsche Boxster Facelift set to Spawn an RS Variant?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 08:30 AM
Teamspeed Member
pilone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!pilone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!pilone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!pilone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!pilone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!pilone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!pilone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!pilone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!pilone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!pilone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!pilone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
I suggest a Tequipment version...probably a Sport one as on the Cayman...but an RS version would be too much IMO...a sport design to me...

Last edited by pilone; 08-24-2008 at 07:15 AM.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:21 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond repute
Im sure its just a new aerokit. i have to be the negative one just casue they always dissapoint! Give us an RS damnit!

Old 08-23-2008, 12:21 PM
Teamspeed Member
RickyZone has a reputation beyond reputeRickyZone has a reputation beyond reputeRickyZone has a reputation beyond reputeRickyZone has a reputation beyond reputeRickyZone has a reputation beyond reputeRickyZone has a reputation beyond reputeRickyZone has a reputation beyond reputeRickyZone has a reputation beyond reputeRickyZone has a reputation beyond reputeRickyZone has a reputation beyond reputeRickyZone has a reputation beyond repute
Hi everyone, first post here..

I've read an interview with Walter Röhrl in a magazine where they tested the new facelifted 911, he then said that the new 911 was really great and so on, but he also mentioned the Boxster and said that the new one is going to be something extra..

First of all, I guess it's quite obvious that it will get redesigned, but are we talking about a facelift or a complete new car? It's been out for 4 years now, so I guess a brand new model might be to much to ask for.
Anyway, what we will get is the new Direct Fuel Injection, which should add 25-30hp.
PDK gearbox should be available as optional, and perhaps some new wheels and colours.

Old 08-23-2008, 12:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
littlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RickyZone
Hi everyone, first post here..

I've read an interview with Walter Röhrl in a magazine where they tested the new facelifted 911, he then said that the new 911 was really great and so on, but he also mentioned the Boxster and said that the new one is going to be something extra..

First of all, I guess it's quite obvious that it will get redesigned, but are we talking about a facelift or a complete new car? It's been out for 4 years now, so I guess a brand new model might be to much to ask for.
Anyway, what we will get is the new Direct Fuel Injection, which should add 25-30hp.
PDK gearbox should be available as optional, and perhaps some new wheels and colours.
Welcome Ricky, thanks for the input.

Old 08-24-2008, 01:49 AM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by easyc
PCCB's are available one the 987S... but the biggest giveaways would have to be the cage inside, the GT3 (996 variant) seats, and lowered stance... should be interesting although... i wonder if we will ever see it over here?
I think you will find that all test mules have added safety precautions like cage, bucket seats etc.

It makes no sense for there to be a Boxster RS, there might be a harder variant, but it won't be badged an RS ( god willing ).

Old 08-24-2008, 08:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute86blackwidow has a reputation beyond repute
Wing looks good on the box.

Old 08-25-2008, 03:49 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
stephan2 is on a distinguished roadstephan2 is on a distinguished roadstephan2 is on a distinguished roadstephan2 is on a distinguished road
it looks extremely nice!!!

Old 08-25-2008, 04:03 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vtgts300kw
Make more sense for a Cayman RS doesn't it?
I would move on a Cayman RS in an instant.

Old 08-26-2008, 07:44 AM
Teamspeed Member
pilone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!pilone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!pilone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!pilone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!pilone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!pilone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!pilone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!pilone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!pilone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!pilone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!pilone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
I would move on a Cayman RS in an instant.
An RS version would be cool...
But I think we've got too much fantasy...